You can type here any text you want

Coming soon LM-1 vs Accel Brick vs the real world

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I will be welding 2 bungs in the exhaust i need some advice, on location of the 2nd bung, should it be right behind the first one in the dp, or down further or beside the 1st bung. Want to obtain best accuracy. WHere should i put it? For my testing

Originally posted by norbs
I will be welding 2 bungs in the exhaust i need some advice, on location of the 2nd bung, should it be right behind the first one in the dp, or down further or beside the 1st bung. Want to obtain best accuracy. WHere should i put it? For my testing

Location should effect accuracy, unless the sensor chills too much or gets dilution from the atmosphere.

I've run dual sensors in the area of what would be the rear of the cat for years.

Too close gets the sensor killed from particulate matter. Too far back introduces a slight delay, but with most sampling rates of the data loggers, it's not a big issue, just something to be aware of, IMO..

If they're within a couple inches of each other you should get the same results. Well, at least from what I've seen.

Thanks bruce. Just for some information the ntk sensor is totally erractic on the lm-1. I don't know why, buts its fine on the brick.

Norbs,

I'm running an LM-1 with a Bosch sensor and the BS3 with the same sensor. I have one sensor in the DP about 12 inches from the turbo and the other under the car.

Both sensors follow each other very closely. I'll have to log the LM-1 output with the BS3 and graph the two outputs.

I'll be interested to hear your results.

Dave

Originally posted by norbs
Thanks bruce. Just for some information the ntk sensor is totally erractic on the lm-1. I don't know why, buts its fine on the brick.

You might talk to Innovative about that. They seem real customer oriented. My LM-1 with the Bosch has been in literary dozens of cars, and never seemed *off*.

Just for grins:
Did you change the connector on the sensor?.
Have you run it with a Bosch sensor?.

Yes i made an adapter to plug the ntk sensor in the bosch connector. Just removed the cal resisitor. Works fine with the bosch sensor, even re did the firmare and switched jumper. I really think the lm-1 is not really designed to work "well" with the ntk. AS to warm the sensor theres not enough power output takes at least 60+ seconds. I need to get the 2nd bung in but just been too busy

Running into some contradictions here about wide band accuracy. Innovate says there sensor is right on, never off even .1 Accel says there sensor is right on also.Who do you believe? I still haven't tested it though, i am out of welding gas. Just i heard from 3 people now the lm-1 is off at exterme boost and temp

Well due to pressure from a lot of people, i have installed the 2nd bung with regular arc weld. I am so far impressed with the results. I would say up to 10 psi boost so far the innovate is fairly accurate within .2 of the ntk and brick. It shows about .2 leaner throughout.

Well don't go to full conclusions yet. I still have to dyno/race this could throw a huge loop in all this. There is still some issues the lm-1 has to be dealt with , which the brick shows its stuff

I got to play with my new Innovate XD-1 and found it to be very user friendly.

http://fasttrackperformance.com/Innovate/Innovate_Motorsports_page1.htm

I've been tuning my Gen6 DFI with the LM-1 and got some really good results with it.
I haven't compared data with my FAST equipped National, but it would be interesting to see what results you get.

BTW. your FAST Manual and the new section added by Bob rocks! I almost got the lean "tip-in" throttle stumble eliminated. And according to Bob's advice, I need to triple the VE near 100kpa. It seems the Gen6 DFI has more "juice" in their acceleration enrichment tables.

Back