You can type here any text you want

Commander 950 and other junk

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dennis_6

Will a commander 950 control a turbo 3.8 without a loss in mileage or power? I know its batch fire and thats what concerns me.

I am seriously considering dropping a GN motor into my 91 RS. The 305 blew up in June and I have finally got around to ripping it out. I removed the A/C, old wiring harness, and most of the exhaust while I was at it so thats not an issue.

I am thinking about using the poly mounts, a griffin radiator, keeping the 700R4 but using a better converter. The commander would help keep this relatively cheap.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

I dont really know what the commander 950 is but I dont know why you wouldnt stick with the stock ECM and harness?I'm still running it well into the 10's(stock MAF too :) )

HTH,
Steve

Originally posted by TTA850
I dont really know what the commander 950 is but I dont know why you wouldnt stick with the stock ECM and harness?I'm still running it well into the 10's(stock MAF too :) )

HTH,
Steve

Commander 950 is an aftermarket ECM made by holley. It can handle boost and is easily programmed via connecting a laptop. It retails around 500 bucks at www.sdpc2000.com and can be had cheaper on ebay.

Back