You can type here any text you want

Comp Cam kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
In short, no. Check out the cams offered by site vendors like full throttle or Weber. Gbody parts probably sells cams too but I've never looked.

I'm putting in a Mellings MT1 which is a just the Edelebrock cam but cheaper it was made by Elgin, Mellings and Speed Pro it's a 204/214 there lots of threads about it .

Earl if this ? Is for me , I just want a little bigger then stock. I had a car with 204 214 already and really like it. But want something different.

any of them... stuff like 204/214 is just an arbitrary number. It really tells nothing about the cam. And in our case we don't like lots of overlap and there's no reason to hold the intake open long past BDC.
Going bigger is usually going backward. The engine can't start making cylinder pressure until the intake valve closes, I'm betting there's a BUNCH of engines out there with crappy dynamic compression that are having to run big boost numbers just to make up for overcamming.

112 means nothing I can easily show you a cam with 112 that has more overlap that one at 108, it is all about event timing not just one number

Its a 112 hence it works quite well.

also another arbitrary number. If you've got two very skinny lobes with lazy ramps 112* apart there's very little overlap. If you've got a pair of steep ass lobes that are 300 degrees wide, you've got buttloads of overlap. That's assuming the same curtain area on both examples.

Back