You can type here any text you want

comp roller cam 212? or 218?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ozmossis

going to order roller today, figured id ask what anyone recomended, just got moter all finished up last week, 30 over j&e pistons, billet caps, champian c&c ported heads and intake, t& d rollers rockers, 70 throddle body, hemco upper plentium, precision front mount, 16930 non lock up converter, with extreme automatics stage 2 transmission, pt 70 bb turbo what you think 212? 218? i used a 218 flat tappet on a gn i had about 12 years or so ago and always had a idle problem with the car, but that was first car i built and didnt know all that much how to tune back then

I recently put the 212 cam in my car. I had a barely modified cam from stock. I have a few similar mods as you (check my sig), except turbo especially. I have .020 hyper pistons and Champion ported intake combo. I am tickled with my 212, as it is very mild on the street. Makes nice smooth power, and with my medium small PT54, I have a 10.81 under my belt and have room to go faster yet.

I will say this, the power comes on soooooo quick with the roller cam now, it is awesome. You are going to love it.

Mike

both cams are good but i would use a cam with more exhaust duration & lift at least 4degs more.

Both will work fine imo. The 212/212 will work well if you are going to try and keep the rpms down since you still have a stock crank.

It wont really make any difference looking at the other parts. I wouldnt run more than a 212 with iron heads. I dont think its necessary. The AC converter will give up a lot if you start cranking the boost up. With a very similar set of parts i went 10.80's@126 at 23-24 psi. The AC converter i had was way to loose and slipped well over 10% up top.

Back