Companies/rates that insure Turbo Buicks

Talk to the agent about racing. Nobody will insure you while you are at the track or in the process of racing. They will still insure you though. It just means that your coverage stops the second you get onto the race track property. That's it. If you hit the wall at the track, the insurance will not cover it. Sounds fair to me. I also had my State Farm agent clarify this.

Talk to the agent about racing. Nobody will insure you while you are at the track or in the process of racing. They will still insure you though. It just means that your coverage stops the second you get onto the race track property. That's it. If you hit the wall at the track, the insurance will not cover it. Sounds fair to me. I also had my State Farm agent clarify this.
I can totally respect that. For Geico to tell me straight up they wouldn't insure any of my cars because I admitted to occasional racing of the Buick? And their underwriter said an 08 base model Impreza could also be raced? Kind of rubs me the wrong way. It's their business, they can deny who they want though.

I can totally respect that. For Geico to tell me straight up they wouldn't insure any of my cars because I admitted to occasional racing of the Buick? And their underwriter said an 08 base model Impreza could also be raced? Kind of rubs me the wrong way. It's their business, they can deny who they want though.

Yeah that is dumb. I do remember calling Geico a few years back and being told they flat out will not insure my GN because it was modified. I remember the quote on the '05 WRX I had at the time being through the roof too. Most mainstream companies are not for automotive enthusiasts and insure the mainstream crowd who drives what I would classify as "transportation appliances".

For the original poster, before leaving State Farm, you may want to talk to another agent in your area first. I had really bad luck with an agent in Tucson about 10 years ago. He quoted me an insane rate for the GN and sent me a notice that it was because of it being a limited production high performance vehicle. I replied and asked what I would get for it if it was totaled. He responded that their book stated $1500 because it was "just a Regal". I got a completely different story from the next agent. Also if you feel the agent is wrong, ask him or her to call the underwriters and verify in writing. That's how I found out that the State Farm classic car insurance is pretty good. My agent was telling me to check with Hagarty / Grundy. I asked her to first check internally for a quote and send me the policy stipulations. There are no mileage limitations in writing, and pleasure driving / occasional Friday drives to work are acceptable. I am covered to and from the track, just not at the track. It does have to be garaged though. I'm also sure that if I had a caged car, or sent pics of it with big ass drag tires on the back it would raise suspicion.

Right now I have a $25k agreed value policy with 100k / 300k /100k Liability, free glass, $100 comp deductible, $500 collision deductible, and emergency roadside service for $148 a year.

Appreciate the info. I am happy with my State Farm rates for homeowners AND my Buick. Just not for my (and my wife's) daily drivers.