comparison between GBP aluminum radiator and Alradco

Paulo

Does anyone have any opinions on going with one over the other? The only obvious thing that stands out to me is the factory look of the Alradco but performance wise any one have an opinion?

Thanks!

Im happy with my Alradco.... its made in the USA [if you care] it looks nice and stock [powdercoated black]

hth
aaron

Haha, 696, thanks!

Made in USA is big to me, I avoid buying China as much as I can...thanks

Look inside the cap at the width of the tubes. I've seen a few aluminum fabbed radiators that have 3/8" or 1/2" wide tubes. I'm assuming this is because someone sent a copper/brass radiator offshore and said "duplicate this in aluminum" so that's what they did. WRONG! A good quality aluminum radiator will have 1" or even 1 1/4" wide tubes and two rows. If it's advertised as 3 rows or more, its probably a less efficient design.

I've had both. the Gbody one cools better but the alradco one looks better. I had a rock punch straight through my gbody one and needed a replacement asap and the alradco one was the only one I could get fast. It's a great rad BTW but doesn't cool as good as the Gbody one. One super hot days like 95-100F (hot where I'm from) the Gbody never ever went over 160f even sitting in traffic with my 160 stat but the alradco will sit in the mid 180's. in traffic and in the 170's drivin around.

Just remember the G-body is about another 1/3 thicker. Both fit fine as well. No issues at all. I did go to an after market tranny cooler once I got my stage 2 done but it's temps also dropped a ton vs the stock rad when I did have the tranny connected to the rad.

I am going back and forth on these two as well as I was about to buy the gbp dual fan. Will the dual fan and thicker gbp radiator work with fmic?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I had the alradco radiator in my 85 GN converted to IC'ed and loved it! Much better than the stocker and the f body for sure. I put a FMIC on it expecting to see higher temps but was pleasantly surprised. Before the FMIC (which was an old, super restrictive Eastern) I never even used my fans which were on a manual switch. (Fans were intrepid/ramchargers dual) I always stayed at 160-165. When I sold that car, I kept the rad and put it in my white T with a stock fan and it still cooled like mad. I have had a few rads in the cars and will always use an alradco from now on! Will be putting an alradco rad and fans on the twins stage ii race car too.

I am going back and forth on these two as well as I was about to buy the gbp dual fan. Will the dual fan and thicker gbp radiator work with fmic?

Yes it will, I have the dual fan GBP rad in my car.

RZ

Once again, I love this place! I'm needing an upgrade and was curious about that same question. Since g body has fans on sale, may as well get their aluminum radiator while I'm at it. Thanks and Cheers!
Trot