You can type here any text you want

compcam 206/206 flattapet

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i highly doubt the mobil 1 oil is the problem? what oil weight were they using that the cam was heavily worn? i personally use mobil 1 synthetic 15/50 with a mobil 1 filter.. and ive switched over to penzoil for a bit to see if i can notice any difference..and on pen i run 15/40 still with the mobil 1 filter.. i have never had a problem? the mobil 1 filters are also high volume..what filters were they using? what spring pressure? how where the engine bearings? honestly everyone here know's there are a lot of factors that could cause problems i wouldn't blame the oil?

i highly doubt the mobil 1 oil is the problem? what oil weight were they using that the cam was heavily worn? i personally use mobil 1 synthetic 15/50 with a mobil 1 filter.. and ive switched over to penzoil for a bit to see if i can notice any difference..and on pen i run 15/40 still with the mobil 1 filter.. i have never had a problem? the mobil 1 filters are also high volume..what filters were they using? what spring pressure? how where the engine bearings? honestly everyone here know's there are a lot of factors that could cause problems i wouldn't blame the oil?

Whatever weights you can by off the shelf in the store. Nothing special. The filters used were the ones used before. Various filters. The factory spec a crappy PF47 AC filter which is a piece of crap but more than adequate for most. From stock springs to about 100lbs at the seat. Engines are still running. Never had bearing issues. Id blame the fact that there was no additive more than the oil. Ive just observed much more rapid failure when mobil 1 was used without addititve. very few stock cammed cars with miles on them come through without cam wear these days.

very few stock cammed cars with miles on them come through without cam wear these days.

I bought my car in March 2007, and it only had 3k miles put on it since 1990 with most of those being before 1996. It had 24k total at that time so 21k miles were put on between 1987 and 1990 when previous owner bought it. I've used ZDDP and some form of synthetic oil since 07 when I bought it, and when we took the cam out a couple of months ago, it showed virtually no wear and the unopened motor had about 65k miles on it at that time with about 80 passes. The lifters all looked good too. I put a flat tappet cam back in it and with ZDDP and not too heavy springs and stock shift points, I'm hoping this cam goes 65k miles before needing a swap.

Back