Congratulations to Bill Anderson on his 7.25@188 MPH pass today at Cecil! (vid)

Intercooler

Congrats Bill!

I see the 6's at 200 MPH being right around the corner! Back in a second with the video!

GO BILL!
:cool: :D :cool:
DDamn...and the car looked like it went towards the wall for a split second after the launch.

wow!!! just plain awesome, keep it going bill you make us buick guy prouder than ever;)

Fast enough you could'nt see my lousy door! More of a report to come on some other stuff. Thanks for the video Jesse, it was much more impressive IN the car!

That version is a crummy conversion I have to do so I can fit it in my on-line storage. If you want the REAL DEAL Bill I can burn it to a CD for you. The picture quality is much better!

Yea bills cars is awesome in person. Beautiful.. Heres his turbo.. its a work of art..

Attachments

• imgp1335 (medium).jpg
    imgp1335 (medium).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 335
Originally posted by FlyinGN
Yea bills cars is awesome in person. Beautiful.. Heres his turbo.. its a work of art..

man that turbo is gigantic :eek: :eek: , and i love it, bill i wish your shop was in florida, flyingn nice pic i wondered how it ran so fast with only one turbo, now isee:D , awesome!

Congratulations, it looks like you are the fastest and quickest v-6 powered regal of all time! What is scary is that I am sure you have a lot left!!!

Great passes, Bill. First one was 7.42 at 185+, which put him just quicker than Big Al's 7.46 before Labor Day but still 3 mph short. Then the 7.25 at 188.25 which definitely grabs the et but Al ran a 188.something at Maple Grove so Bill may still not quite have the mph. I'm sure the next pass will take care of that :). The car is an absolute missile going down the track. It never jumps up at all on the launch, it just lunges forward and if anything looks lower and lower the faster it gets. It sounds different than any other turbo V6, too - has a definite whine sort of like a small jet engine. Oh, the other Anderson Performance car (Jeff's TSO car) went 8.69 and 8.74 at 160+, the first two full power passes on the car. He got some mid 9's with lots of problems last year, and still has traction issues, but it is looking very strong as well. Must be something in the water in Edgemere :).

NICE

That was incredible...:cool: I think Buddy Ingersoll still has the record, 7.19 @ 198. Think I still have the video. It was great because all of Pro Stock watched Buddy race the King, Bob Glidden and his IHRA Monster Thunderbird. If it had not been for a burned coil wire, Buddy might of hit 200mph. Buddy won the only PRO STOCK race without a V8. Anyways IHRA Pro Stocker GOT SCARED OUT THEIR AZZ. This v6 was the closes thing to "PRO STOCK"... Congrads to Bill.. I think there is MORE. Looking at the vid, he corrected and still ran a 7.25...:eek: I wonder if Bill finds :cool: .25/.40 tenths, will they let Bill run PRO STOCK....HUMMM.. Better yet, would any PRO STOCKER MATCH RACE him;) I would love to see Bill sort the car out and go show MUSI, CHRISTIAN, and some of the "BIG BOYS" how it is done "BUICK STYLE" with a lil V6:D .

Chuck

Originally posted by ijames
Must be something in the water in Edgemere :).

There are a lot of things in the water in Edgemere. :eek:

Many congrats Bill. Wish I coulda been there in person.

That turbo is HUGE. You gotta watch loose clothing, wayward arms and small children. They could all get sucked up in there. :p