You can type here any text you want

Convert 1/8 times into 1/4 times?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
While I'm sure someone will come up with an equation for this. It is only an estimate at best, and very well could be far off an actual 1/4 mile run time.

I think for a typical 11-12 second TR you multiply the 1/8 et by 1.57.
Of course until ypouv'e run the number in the 1/4 it's just an estimate as I have found the second 1/8th is much harder on the car and tune is more critical.

XLR8 said:
I think for a typical 11-12 second TR you multiply the 1/8 et by 1.57.
Of course until ypouv'e run the number in the 1/4 it's just an estimate as I have found the second 1/8th is much harder on the car and tune is more critical.

Very true the 2nd 1/8 is way different. My dumb ass local track made itself 1/8 for the weekend due to a bunch of racers from MAINE who got snowed out at their 1/8 dragstrip.

Anyway Me & Pronto ran 8.0 & 8.7 in the 1/8. I am guessing one is in the 12's & the other in in the 13's.. Well I won't know till spring when they open up again.

Bad tune, bad 60', What did you expect? :biggrin:

lets slap um on the dyno and tune them out some more. put the wide band on them and see.

matt87 said:
lets slap um on the dyno and tune them out some more. put the wide band on them and see.

Hi Matt see you there.... mine will never see your numbers :rolleyes: but then again mine is a commuter fun car.

ummmm 1/8th mile and on is where stuff starts to happen :eek: :biggrin: what was your MPH ???

Little6pack said:
Very true the 2nd 1/8 is way different. My dumb ass local track made itself 1/8 for the weekend due to a bunch of racers from MAINE who got snowed out at their 1/8 dragstrip.

Anyway Me & Pronto ran 8.0 & 8.7 in the 1/8. I am guessing one is in the 12's & the other in in the 13's.. Well I won't know till spring when they open up again.

Your 8.0 is a 12.48 and the 8.7 is a 13.57.

I attached a conversion chart, but not sure how readable it is??

Attachments

• conversion chart.JPG
    conversion chart.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 125
Actually I ran a 7.9@87.32
Steve's going to have Russ look at the car when he gets back from Reynolds. Got some knock happening and we can't seem to find the cause.

Back