You can type here any text you want

Converting dash

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SillyCBR

Is there any way to convert 87 gn digital dash to factory analog? I cant stand that dash!! Any help would be excellent. Thanks in advance..

SillyCBR said:
Is there any way to convert 87 gn digital dash to factory analog? I cant stand that dash!! Any help would be excellent. Thanks in advance..
--------------------------------
Ever considered the dashes at:
www.gnxdash.com

I am sure that someone somewhere has converted the dash over to analog.

?

it is possible as we did it on my t type about 4 years back. you do have to switch some pins or cut the harness on the vehicle (we switched pins). it's not that hard to do with some wiring diagrams. what is wrong with your cluster? i wish i had the diigital ones, but they never worked right. oh and by the way we installed the regular regal cluster (no tach or boost gage). if you wanted the tach you would have to switch the boost sending unit under the hood if i remember correctly. good luck on your swap and let me know if there is any way i can help.

For some reason, the digital dash doesnt do it for me. How long did it take for you to do the swap? Any major hurdles? If you have pics, thats would be great!!!!

You could also swithch over to a cyberdyne digital dash- could be a easier transition.

it's not that hard. you need wiring diagrams to both. then you just switch pin locations. i'll check at home later if we kept anything.

It's a different harness

The digital harness is A LOT different than the analog harness so it's a little more involved than swapping the pins around. For example, on the analog panel harness the sender wire for the fuel level gauge is wired into the main plug. On the digital cars it's a seperate circuit...not to mention that the ohms range is diffent...

I'm not saying don't try it.... just don't think it's a simple, no sweat coversion because it's not!

Tom Houser
Performance Instruments
www.gnxdash.com
...yes we build panels to replace crappy factory digital units :)

GNut said:
The digital harness is A LOT different than the analog harness so it's a little more involved than swapping the pins around. For example, on the analog panel harness the sender wire for the fuel level gauge is wired into the main plug. On the digital cars it's a seperate circuit...not to mention that the ohms range is diffent...

I'm not saying don't try it.... just don't think it's a simple, no sweat coversion because it's not!

Tom Houser
Performance Instruments
www.gnxdash.com
...yes we build panels to replace crappy factory digital
units
:)

don't mean to thread jack here but i've tried getting in touch with you guys 4 or 5 times now and no response. i'm interested in one of your dashes. PM or email me if you could.

Thanks.

GNut said:

I have to agree. Its not a simple plug and play. The easiest way is to buy the wiring harness behind the dash for what ever gauge set up you want. Also get yourself a FSM. You will probally run into a few problems. I did a theft recovery and converted analog over to digital. Figure on taking anywhere from 3 to 5 hours to R&R the dash pad and harnesses.

Back