Converting open rear to limited slip

eagleguy

Is changing the open 3.42 rear on a T-Type to a posi or limited slip the same as changing the peg leg rear on say a 71 A Body Buick. Is there any real benefit for one other than for racing?

Is changing the open 3.42 rear on a T-Type to a posi or limited slip the same as changing the peg leg rear on say a 71 A Body Buick. Is there any real benefit for one other than for racing?
Limited slip or positrac both Wheels pull on a open carrier only the right wheel pulls.

If you can find a posi center section from the same size GM rear, you can convert your open rear to a posi/limited slip.

If you find a center section in the junk yard, be sure to take all the shims in case you need them.

Open diff will not fish tail in slippery conditions like a posi, but you may not have enough traction to get where you want to go (1 wheel vs 2 wheels). And yes, better traction for racing as well.

GM used this style rear for many years it might work out of everything GM made in the RWD platform, no luck on mine I lifted it a day ago to see if I might be lucky enough but the person who ordered my car didn't care much for frills I suppose I'm lucky that it has AC and an FM radio.

I hate crank up windows but I have them now.