You can type here any text you want

convertor swap ?? Question for Bruce

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NC87GN

johnny boost
I had planned on purchasing a 9X11 convertor. I currently have an opened up D5 that was supposedly a 3000 stall. At 3psi I'm at 2400 rpm's which is FAR OFF from 3000 rpm. With drag radials its stalls about 2700 rpm (5-6 psi) via scanmaster 2. However, I'm looking for a convertor that comes up quick and not 8 seconds later, during a launch. If I decide to purchase a 9X11 (3000-3200 stall) will it stall at 3000 with 0-1 # of boost? If not do I need to jump up to a 3200 stall to get 0-1 psi @ 3000 rpm's? TIA..

Mike
87GN, pt51, v4, 009's THDP, stock heads, billet tranny internals from Bruce :) ..

We will sit down and discuss exactly what and how you want it to function. Send in a tech sheet off site ( leaving numbers when and where you can be reached) and I will get in touch with you. At that point , you and I will discuss what your target is and what PTS can do to get you there. If you are looking for a specific combo it could take more than one adjustment , just depends on how "dead on" you want it , and what combo you are looking for. Ask any talented converter builder,
They will tell you the same...:)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

I will send ya an e-mail.. One of the local guys is also interested in that convertor..

Tanx
Mike Banas

Back