Cool piece of car audo history associated with Richard Clark.

WHITE T

Baer Brake Systems
Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

This is an old (Brand new) vintage Clark Audio noise gate, built by Richard Clark. These were used in competition years ago when gains could not be adjusted between different formats.

Was going through some old Car Audio stuff and ran across this. Thought you guys would get a kick out of it :)

Attachments

• Clark audio.jpg
    Clark audio.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 585
Wow thats cool Rick, I bet we all had Mullets when that was made :biggrin:

Thanks to Mr Clarks passion for these cars and thumping stereo systems :D

LOL!

I am pretty sure I did... or something close to it :)

I was always a fan of Richards, he did some amazing things in car audio. I used to have all the AutoSound2000 issues in a binder that was referred to as the "bible" :)

I attended a seminar of his in 1995 or so in AZ.

I actually bought my T-type for a stereo system... then got carried away with other things :)

Still have a Alpine 7909 around here somewhere, along with some Rane Eq's and X-over that Patrick from Autosound converted for me :)

(oh and Veritas horns)

Oh the good ole days!

Clark Audio. Thats a blast from the past. Trying to get a friend of mine to sell an old Rockfosgate Punch 150. Also found an old Alpine 7390 i had. Was big into car audio in the 90's.

My dad had a system in his 1980 Delta 88 diesel (5.7 rocket baby) back in 1982. Hi-Comp headunit and amps (by audiovox) and Pyle Driver (back when it was american quality) They actually made a preamp only "shaft" radio. (I still have it) 6.5 pyle coax in front doors, horn tweeters in the 3.5 dash spot, a pair of pyle 6x9 coax's with like 80 oz magnets (rated to 100watts) and (2) Pyle tens cut out on the rear shelf between the 6x9's running free-air (though free air speakers didn't come out for another 10 years.) The amps were a hi-comp 60wx4 for highs and 75x2 for the subs. He used radio shack crossovers from the home audio department. I'll never forget the first time we were at a redlight and a carload of teens in a foxbody pulled up next to us and the dude made a crack about the Diesel "p.o.s" my dad was driving. The song "situation" by Yazoo was on the radio and he cranked it up. The kids in the car literally sat there and their jaws dropped. I think that was probably the first time I thought my dad was cool, haha. We used to put "change" on the trunk and watch it jump. I remember seeing Clark's regal in it's first design using a Sony home audio receiver (the same one my dad had in our living room hooked up to a pair of jbl L100's) and rack eq's and thinking it was corny. I didn't understand all the fuss. Then again, I was like 8yrs old...It's kind of funny how a 400 watt system used to blow minds and now I got kids wanting to hook 800watt amps up off their stock headunits to run their highs. He had the first sound system in our area, but we didn't know what to do with it other than rock out. I'm glad there were people with enough vision to start an industry and get rich off it since we didn't :)