You can type here any text you want

cooling fan suggestions for f body radiator?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

the wrath

Right now i have the lincoln mark viii fan on the car right now and it cools the car off great but it sucks too much juice when it kicks in. i was looking for a fan that i could get from a another vehicle that would cool well with a front mount and a/c. i had the ramchargers fans and they suck one locked up on me and didnt cool very well.

Try SPAL fans...they kick a$$....:cool:...do a search on SPAL fans and there are lots of information on them

I understand budget, but you will not regret Spal fans. They rule!

I picked up a set of duals on Ebay a while back for somewhere around $120 shipped. Best purchase I made. With an F body rad and those fans, you should never have cooling problems...

If you decide to get Spals, get the harness that Racetronix makes for them. Direct battery connection and the car harness controls the relays to power the fans. A very nice setup. Another $80, but still well worth it.

Mike

Beamer I didnt know that they were that cheap. Do u have a model number or photo if what they look like on your car? The stock fan in 90 plus weather with a front mount and a/c was over 200 degrees with 160 thermostat sitting still.

dodge intrepid fans and go to caspers for the female connector.

The stock fan in 90 plus weather with a front mount and a/c was over 200 degrees with 160 thermostat sitting still.

Wow ... I think your the only person in here with this problem according to posts front mounts didn't make the cars run hot :confused:

Derrick, I want that Mark 8 fan when you take it off. Make sure your coolant is full and you have a good radiator cap. Check your idle fuel settings too. Leaner idle a/f raised the temps on my car. Let me know if you need to use the garage. You welcome to it any time.

Beamer I didnt know that they were that cheap. Do u have a model number or photo if what they look like on your car? The stock fan in 90 plus weather with a front mount and a/c was over 200 degrees with 160 thermostat sitting still.

mine ran pretty hot with the 9"3500 stall in it. put in fbody rad and less stall and it's good. still running stock fan

This is the best deal that I saw on Ebay NEW SPAL DUAL 11" ELECTRIC FAN SHROUD 30102052 - eBay (item 300509312941 end time Jan-04-11 22:20:27 PST)

The number advertised is for the dual assembly, and tha same as this used piece, Spal 2VA06-AP70/LL-37A Dual 11" Fan Assembly USED - eBay (item 260704342729 end time Jan-05-11 13:08:22 PST)

You can see info on it here... http://www.spal-usa.com/pdfs/11Fans.pdf

The fans in my car are part numbers VA06-AP6-37A, which I have found info the assemble must be a 30100846, which is not being made anymore. I am pretty sure they are the same rating of like 2760 CFM.

I will say this... These fans move some air ! I have the setup in my car that allows me to flip a switch and the car harness will run the stock fan at low speed and continue for like 5 minutes after I shut the car off. With the Racetronix harness, that runs 1 fan. I have the passenger side connected for low speed. It blows right at my turbo to help cool it from the outside also. I do not know how much it helps if any, but I know it doesn't hurt.

I would imagine that the Fbody rad will help you a lot. Seeing the cost has went up some, you may want to see how it works out for you with what you have if funds are tight. If you decide to go with them, I am sure you will understand immediately what I am talking about these monsters moving air.

Here is a picture of my fans...

Good luck and let us know how you fare,
Mike

Attachments

• Spal Fans.jpg
    Spal Fans.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 238
Back