Cops not playing fair

Gothmog

Lieutenant of Morgul
Here in NYC, the cops are now driving around in Taxicabs. Full yellow cabs with the light on top and a NYC taxi plate. Inside is two cops with all the blue and red lights on the dash and in the rear window.
This is clearly NOT playing fair!!!!!!

So to everyone who visits NY....Slow down when you see ANY Crown Vic. ......no matter what color it is! :)

Damn good idea..People watch themselves when they see a cop car, and if they learn to do it with taxi cabs too NY should have virtually no crime.:D

Cops have been doing this for years. They also drive Telephone company and Con Edison trucks too..

Originally posted by Gothmog
Here in NYC, the cops are now driving around in Taxicabs. Full yellow cabs with the light on top and a NYC taxi plate. Inside is two cops with all the blue and red lights on the dash and in the rear window.

So to everyone who visits NY....Slow down when you see ANY Crown Vic. ......no matter what color it is! :)
Fair?? What the hell are you talking about? Where are these "fairness" rules?

Will they stop to pick up a fare?

Must look pretty funny to see a taxicab show up at a crime scene or see one in your rearview with the wig-wags on.:eek:

Originally posted by Gothmog

NYC is Communist controled. Big Brother is always spying on, watching, and terrorizing its citizens.

If they'd let me run traffic in my GN...hooooo boy what a fun time would be had by all! (Cept those I'd nab!)

Around here they cruise in Camaros and Firebirds and they look good to include the black tint windows which is against the law.
I just never try to race any of the two you never know! :eek:

Re: Re: Cops not playing fair

Originally posted by TurboTer
NYC is Communist controled. Big Brother is always spying on, watching, and terrorizing its citizens.

What:confused: I think it's time to get off the island and see he rest of the big city;)

Re: Re: Re: Cops not playing fair

Originally posted by ULYCYC
What:confused: I think it's time to get off the island and see he rest of the big city;)

Keep in mind Staten Island voted to succeed from the rest of the city back in '93. :)

I got stopped by one of those cab cop cars a few years back driving under the el N train in Astoria . Being i was doing holeshot at every light they probibly figured id stolen the GN i was driving . Luckly my buddy who is an NYPD cop was with me . Its actually the only time a cop ever pulled a gun on me , which is what leads me to belive the stolen car theory . :p

In South Carolina, they drive unmarked, multicolored hardtop LS1 camaro's (So they look like a 3.8L Camaro).

What looks like an "easy kill" turns out to be a cop in a 160 mph car.

Re: Re: Cops not playing fair

Originally posted by TurboTer
TurboTer,
I see a pattern here. ANY rule or regulation is unjust and illegal. Anarchist party member perhaps? :D

Libertarian perhaps.

Yeah it ain't fair.

Should be in marked cars with visible light bars.

I'd report them if they didn't give me a ride to Penn Station when I hailed them. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Cops not playing fair

Originally posted by TT/A1233
TurboTer,
I see a pattern here. ANY rule or regulation is unjust and illegal. Anarchist party member perhaps? :D

No, not at all. I am just very anti-Big Brother. I do want some laws though. :) I want Roe vs. Wade overturned, I want
a total ban on gay marriage, jail for anyone who burnes our flag, etc. I am a Republican, but an anti-government Republican, like the Repubs in Idaho. Jesse Helms is my idol. I loved that man, and Helen Chenoweth, the pro-militia Congresswoman from Idaho, was one of my greatest heroes. I worked on the Pat Buchanan for President campaign in 1996. I am against fingerprinting for guns, government spying, undercover cops, and just about all federal laws. I am very pro states-rights. I guess I could be labled ultra-right wing. After Tim McVeigh bombed the OK building in '95, everyone used to joke that they hope I don't live near any federal buildings. :)

That's cool maybe for Idaho. More people live in my neighborhood than the whole state of Idaho. So big govt. and rules need apply. We need more than Barney and Andy to handle our law enforcement:cool:

Originally posted by salvageV6
Can you say Entrapment? :eek:

I know you can...... :mad:
Before anyone throws around the term "entrapment" make sure you know what it means in a court of law.

Since you brought it up, do you know? If so I'd like to hear it.

Who said anything about a court of law?

I don't plan on suing anyone. :rolleyes:

Just my opinion. That and $500 will get you out of a speeding ticket. :cool:

Cops that have to hide to catch motor vehicle infractions just plain suck. Oh that's another opinion. ;)

Revenue raisers that's about all they are.

If they cared about saving lives they would go after all those that don't signal and run red lights, or drive in 3 lanes at one time while putting on makeup or shaving and reading the newspaper while driving, or jawing on the cell phone or......

You can catch plenty of speeders all day and night with a plainly marked car.

Not that I think cops driving around in taxicabs is okay, but it sounds like some of you think there's nothing wrong with speeding and street racing as long as you don't get caught....;)