Corrosion on turbo

bluegate

Do i need to look for a new turbo due to this corrosion where the dp connects?

Attachments

• 20161128_095409.jpg
    20161128_095409.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
That's ugly but could be turned to make a good surface. If the turbo shaft is tight and the compressor wheel didn't ingest anything I would just have the exhaust housing machined.
AG.

That's ugly but could be turned to make a good surface. If the turbo shaft is tight and the compressor wheel didn't ingest anything I would just have the exhaust housing machined.
AG.

With decent pressure by hand the comp wheel will touch the housing. So, new is in order......??

New is in order w/ the loose shaft. Also, looks like the w/g puck hasn't been seated in quite some time...

I can fix all of this. Even with a new cartridge and re-surface your are well below the cost of replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can fix all of this. Even with a new cartridge and re-surface your are well below the cost of replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you bison. I was going to contact you before, so definitely now. Ill pm my email and phone and go from there.

New is in order w/ the loose shaft. Also, looks like the w/g puck hasn't been seated in quite some time...

This makes sense, it seemed like it required 2/3 or more throttle before i saw any boost with autometer guage. Cant remember specific rpm, but thought id see the needle move sooner. This is my 1st turbo though.

So relieved i dont have to buy a new one, thanks bison.

Attachments

• 1482370408794.jpg
    1482370408794.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 112