You can type here any text you want

Corrosion on turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bluegate

Do i need to look for a new turbo due to this corrosion where the dp connects?

Attachments

• 20161128_095409.jpg
    20161128_095409.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
That's ugly but could be turned to make a good surface. If the turbo shaft is tight and the compressor wheel didn't ingest anything I would just have the exhaust housing machined.
AG.

That's ugly but could be turned to make a good surface. If the turbo shaft is tight and the compressor wheel didn't ingest anything I would just have the exhaust housing machined.
AG.

With decent pressure by hand the comp wheel will touch the housing. So, new is in order......??

New is in order w/ the loose shaft. Also, looks like the w/g puck hasn't been seated in quite some time...

I can fix all of this. Even with a new cartridge and re-surface your are well below the cost of replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can fix all of this. Even with a new cartridge and re-surface your are well below the cost of replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you bison. I was going to contact you before, so definitely now. Ill pm my email and phone and go from there.

New is in order w/ the loose shaft. Also, looks like the w/g puck hasn't been seated in quite some time...

This makes sense, it seemed like it required 2/3 or more throttle before i saw any boost with autometer guage. Cant remember specific rpm, but thought id see the needle move sooner. This is my 1st turbo though.

So relieved i dont have to buy a new one, thanks bison.

Attachments

• 1482370408794.jpg
    1482370408794.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 112
Back