Cost of tube frame for Unibody car

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
I'm sure someone has converted a unibody car into one with a full tube or box frame. Like converting a FWD to a RWD so you can put a Turbo Regal drivetrain in it. Any idea what kind of money were looking at for just having a frame built for a particular car, motor, trany and rear end?

Any ideas appreciated.

What car are we talking about first. There are kits out there for quite a few unichasis cars that don't cost that much, but if it hasn't been done before you're talking a full custom frame, and that will cost you.

PT Cruiser - I know quite a few have been converted to RWD but I can't seem to make contact with anyone who has done it.

Never seen one made for it before so it'll have to be made from scratch. Best guess is around $10K with the body mounted on it, no interior but suspension mounted. See if you can find someone that's done one before and they might be able to give you a better idea. The whole build would cost at least in the neighborhood of $30K or more.

We did a Mustang like that.. built a tube chasis for the body and cut out all the factory frame. Final bill with a funny car cage was around $30K.

Was that with full interior or just the body mounted on the chasis Jay?

It was a race car so there really wasnt much in the way of interior. We did the whole job start to finish.. there was a lot more to the bill that he wouldnt need. I doubt he has a use for axles the size of tree limbs.

what about a tube chasis monte carlo, or a kit that may be offered? im looking to build one for a transplant... 2000-2006 monte carlo body