Cost to certify roll cage???

maverick

Just wondering what the going rate is on getting your cage certified, and what other little hidden cost I maybe in for to be able to run at the "big meets". I have a 10 point cage, but I don't really know how deep a 10 pnt can be certed to as well, as in et's. Is an oil "catch can" the only thing needed for over spill? or is there other one's I am missing. I believe a tranny blanket is only blanket needed. I plan on installing a dual parachute...altho I don't know if it is really needed for the 8's. Just want to make sure I'm covered for when the day comes...which it should be soon. I have a set of wheelie bars, but they only come to just a hair beyond the rear bumper, which I'm thinking they are only "66" or "72's"

When you go to a chassis cert all they check is the bar diam and the use a sonic tester to check for thickness.They also inspect the welds.That is all they do.A 10pt will be good for 8.50`s.
The cost is from 75-100 bucks.
The track you are racing at is responsible for the rest of the safty aspect of the car.If any doubt pick up a NHRA rule book and it will guild you the rest of the way.
Tony

Thank you very much Tony, I appreciate the insight on this. I was thinking they x-ray all welds and stuff and in the end give ya a $500 invoice when they finish lol. I'll have to get a rule book as you stated and read up on the requirments.

No problem.They just make sure the welds are good and no caked on.If they suspect a bad weld he will get a screwdriver and tap on the weld to see if it doesn`t fall apart.
If you bring the car on a open trailer they will cert it on the trailer.I took my car to get recerted for IHRA and he squeezed himself into my enclosed trailer to swap the tags.
Tony

NHRA charges $75 to certify your Sportsman class cage to 8.50 ET.

You have to call your NHRA Regional office to find out if they have any chassis clinics scheduled or they will certify you at any National Event.

I just got mine done. The certification is good for 3 years. They only checked metal thickness and the welding.

To be legal in Super Gas or ET classes, You'll need a transblanket, , an SFI flexplate, a flexplate shield and an SFI balancer......and of course, the typical stuff, like catch cans and driveshaft loops.

Chutes aren't required till you exceed 150 MPH, but they are a good idea even if you don't run that fast.

Yeah I know there will be alot of small misc items I need to catch, that's why I posted this so I can catch all the things you guys bring up, lol. Mph wise I am shooting for 160's. I still have some front suspension work to do tho to keep the nose down. Getting the engine together is the easiest thing to do at this point, getting the chasis set up to handle it is another battle.