You can type here any text you want

cotton performance intercooler?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I can tell you I have 2 different models and they both have 2 pipes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OK thanks so road rash on both setups? pics if it' not to much trouble installed?thank you.

Sorry no pics. Not even installed. One of them is going on my new combo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Here’s my cotton fm first 2 pics are looking up from under the car

Attachments

• 126F0AD0-D8AA-4980-AB01-4E2F7FFBF89E.jpeg
    126F0AD0-D8AA-4980-AB01-4E2F7FFBF89E.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • A67481FC-DF6D-40F9-BE29-365772DF4A41.jpeg
    A67481FC-DF6D-40F9-BE29-365772DF4A41.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
  • 55DF1B66-322D-4A5D-80B3-B001747CCAE0.jpeg
    55DF1B66-322D-4A5D-80B3-B001747CCAE0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 114
:grumpy:so you have to remove the header panel to install ? if you don't mine what's procedure.

did it come with those mounting tabs.?and do you have to take the bumper of to install

did it come with those mounting tabs.?and do you have to take the bumper of to install
Yes it came with the tabs. I'm not sure but I do not think it's necessary to remove the bumper to install it but I guess it makes it easier. The bumper is off the car in the pictures because I was having both shaved and repainted.

Claude. ;)

hey thanks for everyone that took there time to help me and post pics looking at a front mount just want to gather information on and also wanted to make sure all parts were there and ease or not of installation the one I am looking at doesn't have those 2 tabs though.

The Cotton's FMIC in my car has a single tab on the bottom. Goes to the hole between the two tab version.

There are two studs on the top to go through existing holes, with a washer and nut to retain.

I have R&R'd the intercooler and it was easy. Open hood remove the two nuts. Jack up onto jack stands and loosen the hose clamps. Push hoses back out of the way.

Remove the bolt on the tab and lower the IC out. To install, it can be finicky getting the two studs through the upper holes. But once there it goes quickly.

RemoveBeforeFlight

The Cotton's FMIC in my car has a single tab on the bottom. Goes to the hole between the two tab version.

There are two studs on the top to go through existing holes, with a washer and nut to retain.

I have R&R'd the intercooler and it was easy. Open hood remove the two nuts. Jack up onto jack stands and loosen the hose clamps. Push hoses back out of the way.

Remove the bolt on the tab and lower the IC out. To install, it can be finicky getting the two studs through the upper holes. But once there it goes quickly.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Same here

thanks that's why this site is the best for the turbo buicks world the one I'm looking at is black but missing that center tab.has no tabs. what's R&Rd?

what did you replace it with?

The same IC that I took out. I removed it, flushed/cleaned the inside with some solvent, shot a light coat of flat black on the front of it, and replaced it back into the same location.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back