Could get heart surgery for the quotes some paint/body shops come up with...

Well maybe it was when his son was running things. I didn't get a whole paint job. I had some drunk chick hit my parked car and benny's was recommended. I took it there and for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4k he did a fender, bumper, header. He charged the insurance company full price for parts, but somehow a header from an NA regal made it onto my car. I know it's from an NA regal because I can see where they filled the hood ornament hole. And when I say you can see it I mean from the top. The body never lined up, the paint had a burn mark on it that looks like it came from a buffer, he didn't repair all of the damage, and he didn't replace all of the parts. I might be forgetting somethings, I don't know. Now, like I said it might have been his son and Benny did seen like a nice guy. Also, I understand that no one car should fully represent someones body of work, but he really did do a crappy job.

Well maybe it was when his son was running things. I didn't get a whole paint job. I had some drunk chick hit my parked car and benny's was recommended. I took it there and for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4k he did a fender, bumper, header. He charged the insurance company full price for parts, but somehow a header from an NA regal made it onto my car. I know it's from an NA regal because I can see where they filled the hood ornament hole. And when I say you can see it I mean from the top. The body never lined up, the paint had a burn mark on it that looks like it came from a buffer, he didn't repair all of the damage, and he didn't replace all of the parts. I might be forgetting somethings, I don't know. Now, like I said it might have been his son and Benny did seen like a nice guy. Also, I understand that no one car should fully represent someones body of work, but he really did do a crappy job.
Original Grand national header panels were discontinued many years ago. What were left till that supply ran out were Regal panels.You would be lucky now to find even that. Also as stated government,OSHA & EPA regulations come down hard on body shops.Plus body men like good technicians are in short supply & commend high wages. Wait till Hillery or Obama gets elected you ain't seen nothing yet. not to mention the greenhouse gas scare being sold to the public & what the end result of that will be.

I hear ya lou. If we get any more of that group in power it's gonna be a long 4 years. As for the other stuff I gave him Brian's (gbodyparts) phone number and even did some legwork to make sure the parts would fall in the price range. In fact, those prices were used to quote the ins. company. As far as having bad techs goes who would take their car to a shop with bad techs and say, "oh well, they just don't have good techs so the substandard work is okay by me."? But, like I said in my other post no one car represents someones entire body of work. I have no doubt other peoples positive experiences are just that, positive. Mine wasn't. That doesn't mean they aren't capable or do bad work all the time. It's just a report of one job. If the good ones out number the bad ones 99 to 1 I would say give them a shot because that would mean they do good work 99 percent of the time. If that's the case it's still ****ty that I'm the 1 percent though.