Cowl hood?

japSW20

Hey guys,after searching for a stock hood I have had no luck,Where can i find a decent priced cowl hood,and not some huge 4" that belongs on a mustang :biggrin:

Hope someone comes up with one. I'm interested as well.
Conrad Carter

Glasstek has them, or at least used to.

IMO it looks like ass on GN, and this is coming from someone who loves cowls. Just about every one of my cars has a 4" hood, except the GN.

cowl hood

I just got mine from Unlimited fiberglass www.up22.com. I got the 2 1/4 high front latching hood. Looks good and a good fit. Its not too high and ugly like some.I believe the model number was a bk-191. Not bad for $309.00 but with gas as high as it is the freight charge kicked me in the ass. Sorry no pics right now thou.

fstrthnu said:
I just got mine from Unlimited fiberglass www.up22.com. I got the 2 1/4 high front latching hood. Looks good and a good fit. Its not too high and ugly like some.I believe the model number was a bk-191. Not bad for $309.00 but with gas as high as it is the freight charge kicked me in the ass. Sorry no pics right now thou.
That looks pretty good for the price,How much was freight? im only an hour from orlando :cool:

It is your car of course but I have to say cowls on the turbo regals do not look good. There are several vendors that make FG Stock Type Hoods.

I am shocked about your experience with unlimited.
You are the first person in a long time that I have heard that has been happy with their products.

I have never used their stuff myslef,
I have been really happy with my glasstek hood though!

there are alot of vendors selling the glass hoods witht he power bulge- and if you just need a hood i have a regular steel hood with insulator just sitting around- let me know.

and FYI i never had anything but problems with UP22- orderd 3 hoods from them- all warped, cracked, or the complete wrong hood :confused:

Wow I must be the lucky one. I believe the shipping was $135.00. Which I guess it is not bad considering the prices of other hoods. One issue I found is that they do not sell the softer shocks to hold the hood up but I guess Kirbans or some one sells those.

yeah i hear mixed reveiws about up22- i had bad expeireinces- my nighbor bought a cowl hood and when it came it had 2 broken corners and a crack down the cowl and they said they would replace it if he paied to ship it back. then again my uncle got a hood for his impala from there and it fit great and was perfect- go figure :confused: