Cpt61bb/66bb

GNsnake

Anyone using either of these turbos with a 3000 stall, how does it spool for street use? Don't know which way to go.

Anyone using either of these turbos with a 3000 stall, how does it spool for street use? Don't know which way to go.

I think you would be fine with the 61, the 66 might be a little low.
This would also depend on the turbine wheel that you get.
In the next month or so I will get between a 61-67MM unit on my junk.

As long as it isn't a re-stalled D5, you should be more than fine.

I used a ball bearing 61 from Cotton 4" inlet, 2.5" discharge matched with a PTS 9x11 converter with an advertised stall of 3000. It spooled stupidly quick. The 66 you would probably need a 3200 at the very least.

I will post back tomorrow with how my CPT66 BB spools with my new Art Carr 9" ( 3400-3600 ). Car is at the tranny shop til then. I hope its not too much stall.
Bryan

You should be able to spool a 66 with 3000 stall.

My buddy Scott had a N/L 3000 stall on his car years ago with the 66 he also had a FAST system.

Russ Merritt uses 3200 stall on his 70 p-trim turbos single BB buildups.

Heads, cam., quick spool code in chips, or a FAST, or wastegate tricks will all help with spool.

I agree it would depend upon the actual converter and the overall buildup/combo.

I agree it would depend upon the actual converter and the overall buildup/combo.

Very true. FWIW, my 61/3000 combo was used on a stock longblock with a wiped cam lobe. Once we put in a new 204/214, wholy cow did that thing scoot!

This was with a Translator Pro unit controlling the boost.

Ran a Pats 3000 on my car(lotta work done to motor and heads, etc) with a CPT66BB, it spooled nicely on the street.. Switched over to a "O" pump 5 disc Vigilante and cant use street tires anymore ;)

Russ I figured you had used one since you have recommended them before. :rolleyes:

I guess you can recommend stuff without first using it. :eek:

My bad. :p

Russ I figured you had used one since you have recommended them before. :rolleyes:

I guess you can recommend stuff without first using it. :eek:

My bad. :p

70 Q-trim dude. It's all I ever used...... Must have me confused with someone else..... Unless you can dig up an old post? I don't think I ever said that. Prove me wrong.......;)

You do the leg work. ;)

Ah nevermind. :p

It was 2005. :D

I assssumed you used one, you assssumed you never recommended one. :p

So can you spool a Q trim with 3200? :smile:

Might as well get back on track here. :cool:

just bought a 66bb from cotton 3" inlet 2" outlet waiting for new pts radiator and eric burned me a new chip to match everything running a 3200 stall should work really well i think can't wait ,