You can type here any text you want

Cpt61bb/66bb

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNsnake

Anyone using either of these turbos with a 3000 stall, how does it spool for street use? Don't know which way to go.

Anyone using either of these turbos with a 3000 stall, how does it spool for street use? Don't know which way to go.

I think you would be fine with the 61, the 66 might be a little low.
This would also depend on the turbine wheel that you get.
In the next month or so I will get between a 61-67MM unit on my junk.

As long as it isn't a re-stalled D5, you should be more than fine.

I used a ball bearing 61 from Cotton 4" inlet, 2.5" discharge matched with a PTS 9x11 converter with an advertised stall of 3000. It spooled stupidly quick. The 66 you would probably need a 3200 at the very least.

I will post back tomorrow with how my CPT66 BB spools with my new Art Carr 9" ( 3400-3600 ). Car is at the tranny shop til then. I hope its not too much stall.
Bryan

You should be able to spool a 66 with 3000 stall.

My buddy Scott had a N/L 3000 stall on his car years ago with the 66 he also had a FAST system.

Russ Merritt uses 3200 stall on his 70 p-trim turbos single BB buildups.

Heads, cam., quick spool code in chips, or a FAST, or wastegate tricks will all help with spool.

I agree it would depend upon the actual converter and the overall buildup/combo.

I agree it would depend upon the actual converter and the overall buildup/combo.

Very true. FWIW, my 61/3000 combo was used on a stock longblock with a wiped cam lobe. Once we put in a new 204/214, wholy cow did that thing scoot!

This was with a Translator Pro unit controlling the boost.

Ran a Pats 3000 on my car(lotta work done to motor and heads, etc) with a CPT66BB, it spooled nicely on the street.. Switched over to a "O" pump 5 disc Vigilante and cant use street tires anymore ;)

Russ I figured you had used one since you have recommended them before. :rolleyes:

I guess you can recommend stuff without first using it. :o

My bad. :p

Russ I figured you had used one since you have recommended them before. :rolleyes:

I guess you can recommend stuff without first using it. :o

My bad. :p

70 Q-trim dude. It's all I ever used...... Must have me confused with someone else..... Unless you can dig up an old post? I don't think I ever said that. Prove me wrong.......;)

You do the leg work. ;)

Ah nevermind. :p

It was 2005. :D

I assssumed you used one, you assssumed you never recommended one. :p

So can you spool a Q trim with 3200? :smile:

Might as well get back on track here. :cool:

just bought a 66bb from cotton 3" inlet 2" outlet waiting for new pts radiator and eric burned me a new chip to match everything running a 3200 stall should work really well i think can't wait ,

Back