You can type here any text you want

Cracked drivers side header vs. BLM?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HouTX87

So I was under the car yesterday and I noticed that the heat shield on the drivers header was loose and I start looking around and sure enough I spotted a hairline crack between 3 and 5 and I can feel the leak with my hand from the backside of the header at idle. My question is that my BLM is always a little on the rich side, typically about 118-123 at idle, never above 128. I thought a cracked header would cause a high BLM at idle? I was just getting ready to order a wideband and start tuning but looks like a new set of TA stainless stock replacement headers will be first priority.

A cracked header will also cause boost control issues. If the header has not been messed up from previous repair attempts you can have it tig welded with stainless rod at a shop and re-use it. Dont let any one try to mig weld it for you. If you do replace them I might be interested in buying your old ones.

Back