You can type here any text you want

Cracked DS header

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oc192

Will a cracked driver's side header cause high BLMs and 10 in of vacuum at idle?

Thanks

Will a cracked driver's side header cause high BLMs and 10 in of vacuum at idle?

Thanks

yes it will cause high blm's as far as the vacuum dont know. it could be low because the motor is loading up with fuel.

In regards to blms... At what number should I start to be concerned about a header leak?

ur vacuum shouldnt b affected i had a major crack on the ds header and my vacuum remained the same before and after i welded the crack i would definitely fix that leak though

Hi,
As said before, you should fix the leak, but I doubt there will be major mixture changes as a result of any scavanged outside air.

ur vacuum shouldnt b affected i had a major crack on the ds header and my vacuum remained the same before and after i welded the crack i would definitely fix that leak though

what he said. Crack in the header will reduce boost and increase boost lag. shouldn't effect vac.

Don,

You should get some pics and buy that header if it looks good. I had a badly cracked header for awhile and my BLM's were fine. It might raise them a little, but not to 150.

Back