You can type here any text you want

Cracked header

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datquick6

So i found a pretty big crack on my driver side header. It goes almost all the way around. It looks like its already been welded at some point unless thats factory welds. Is it worth getting welded/repaired or should i search for another set.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,015.5 KB · Views: 154
Thats already been welded. Looks like by a amature. You can try weld it up. Like anything, you want to find someone with some experience to do it.

So i found a pretty big crack on my driver side header. It goes almost all the way around. It looks like its already been welded at some point unless thats factory welds. Is it worth getting welded/repaired or should i search for another set.

The factory exhaust manifolds are fine, unless you are planning on building a race motor there are plenty of other places to put your money. My advice would be to grind out that shitty weld and have a professional welder lay a nice bead on the crack. IF you have access to a GN shop that knows, they can usually recommend someone. I took mine to Agressive and had them do ALL of the weak points. No more problems... period.

Back