You can type here any text you want

Craig please read.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S2V6RACER

Banned
Craig,

I have a SEFI unit and do not have the individual cylinder correction enabled. Do I just need a upgrade disk? I would also like a copy of C-Com WP, and will the Datalogger box (Separate box) work with Dos based C-Com?

Thanks..

Ted

I know you'll need the C-Com WP to use the datalogger. I've even gotten to the point that I like using the windows version of C-com. If you disconnect (this is just a mouse click, not physically disconnecting) from the FAST ecm before you make changes, and don't use the page up/page down keys to make significant changes it works well for me. The additional datalogging parameters along with the increased time logged are huge pluses. Then being able to tune the screen that you've got overlayed without having to toggle back and forth is real nice. Then throw in multiple tables open at the same time along with a datalog screen. Now you it's a hell of a lot easier to look at the whole picture. I also run WP on XP stripped to the bare bones. Just the minimum needed. No additional crap running in the background.

Then with that little datalogger that you just flip a switch and it's armed. No lap tops going into sleep mode right before a run, or batteries deciding to die, or laptops hitting the dash when you hit the brakes.

Sorry to be off topic , but the first billet water pumpcrank pulley will be ready tomtorrow. The windows version is too unstable, i find, mine will just lockup with no warning, so i stick to dos.

I have played around with a copy of C-Com WP and loaded my Dos datalogs and was able to see what cells are affected throughout the run. I am pretty close with my DOS version right now, but I was hoping the Datalogger would work with DOS. I don't run this car on the street.

I had problems when I originally got a copy of WP. I was trying to run it on a P120 with Windows 95. I gave up on it then and went back to DOS. After getting the datalogger, getting C-com WP to work became important. The P120 died right around then same time and I was able to get a HP P500.

I was just trying to point out some things I had to do to get WP to work for me. The DOS version is rock solid stable, but if you can get WP to work for you, it's nicer to work with.

Ted, the ICC option is available through a dealer. It won't require sending the unit back, but you do have to buy it. You will receive a disk that will enable the feature.

The external data logger only works with the Windows version of C-Com. The DOS version cannot be used.

Back