You can type here any text you want

Crane HI-6 or Hi-6R with FAST XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KWIKR 1

Crane HI-6 or Hi-6R with FAST XFI . what's the difference and is there any advantage ? This is for a TT V8 running a FAST dual sync distributor. thanks .

They look ok but I rather use a MSD product.

Went with the Crane Hi-6 . Summit has them on sale for $185 . should do the trick .:) Thanks Norbs . :)

You made the right decision to go with the Crane. I ran the HI6R with the S2 and V8, There are quite a few TSM cars running the Crane. I only removed mine after 3 years because I needed multiple rpm limiters before they were added in the XFI. You will be happy with it. It is compact and most of all reliable.

You made the right decision to go with the Crane. I ran the HI6R with the S2 and V8, There are quite a few TSM cars running the Crane. I only removed mine after 3 years because I needed multiple rpm limiters before they were added in the XFI. You will be happy with it. It is compact and most of all reliable.

Thanks ...That's good to know . :) Is the actual difference between the HI-6 and HI-6R is timing retard adjustability control ? and if your using FAST XFI is there any reason to have it in the HI-6 ? setting up a ignition system for TT sbc and a EFI controller such as FAST XFI is all new to me . So please bare with me and have patience with my questions :D . I'm trying and get it right the first time . :D :) I should mention I have a new FAST Dual Sync Distributor sitting on the shelf that I plan on using , if that's makes a difference . :)

I believe the Hi6R does not come with the retard assembly which is a adjustment knob and map sensor. I believe that is the HI6 DSR :confused:? The dual sync distributor will work.... but i was told that is not the best way to have dead accurate timing. A crank trigger is the way. My Car uses a Summit distributor with a Aerospace components crank trigger. It all works perfect.

Back