You can type here any text you want

Crank torque converter bushing size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

opeltwinturbo

I have two different motors for the Opel each with a different crankshaft. Each crankshaft has a different size pilot for the torque converter. I know one of the cranks is a Ruggles but am not sure of the other. The torque converter bushing on one is 1.70 OD and the other is 1.58 (40mm)OD. Does anyone have similar size pilots for their TQ? This sure does make using the same TQ a pain especially when the bushing is tacked onto the converter snout and not easily changeable. :confused: Next time the motor is apart I should probably have the small hole machined to match the 1.70 for consistency.

John

John:

I don't have any input for your question but...

I've been eye balling Opel GT's for about a year now. Are there any pics of your set up posted on the net some where or do you have some you can email me?

postal@mchsi.com

John,

I have a conversion bushing I just made. I'll give it to you when I return your converter. Or you could have the flange reworked on the smaller OD crank so they are both the same.

Dave

John, I have a Motor with the same small pilot,It is a Buick Motorsports Crank I have know idea who Machine it, but it
is a pain when it comes to converters.

Michael

Thanks guys. I went back to Rossler Transmissions and he machined a bushing for the small diameter (1.578) crank. It took 30 minutes and the converter is ready to put in. Might be ready for BG !!

Back