You can type here any text you want

Crankcase E-Vac Pump Harness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've read the discussion thread and I'm not clear on how you keep from building up pressure when the pump isn't activated?
For example, when the car is at idle how does the crankcase vent?

I've read the discussion thread and I'm not clear on how you keep from building up pressure when the pump isn't activated?
For example, when the car is at idle how does the crankcase vent?

I am still using my PCV for everything outside of boost. The evac comes on with the Hobb switch once I am under boost.

how many in/hg are you guys seeing with that pump? i just picked up a 97 cobra evac pump because those are (supposedly) internally regulated at 10 in/hg and no one has complained about them failing when used with a hobbs switch. i still see people complain about the lt1 pumps even on a hobbs switch. either way, ill let you guys know how this one works out (with pics) when its complete.

Do you have any links where I can get more info on that Cobra pump ? How much is it ?

Do you guys run any filtering set up between the motor and the pump? Or just a catch can after the pump?

Are there any issues with oil getting into these elecric pumps?

Thx

The only filteration that happens is in the breather on the valve cover. The breather has foam in it. I have run my setup for over a year now that Racetronix did for me and no issues with my pump.

I have the catchcan setup to go between the PCV/valve cover (havent decided where im gonna pull vac from yet) and the pump so that the pump stays dry. you can find the pump here MOTORCRAFT Part # CX1567 it will all make sense once i get it hooked up :) still need to pick up some braided steel lines for it now that I have all the check valves I need.

Anyone have vacuum readings on that LT1 pump? Just curious to see how it compares to this one once I get it setup. I also have a vacuum relief valve for the drvrs valve cover to adjust the amoutn of vacuum pulled when the pump is on.

Cobra air pump

I need to at least order the harness right now. Would like to pull at least 10-12, do you know what the motorcraft unit pulls?

Where are you guys putting check valves? How many are you using? (and what kind) I have seen some run them on both valve cover (moroso style), but I was thinking of going the route like TTypewhite, since his valve cover breathers have foam and will stop some oil from getting into the pump.

Guess there is no set way on how to do this :)

As for how much these pull everything I have read say 2-4.

thx

Racetronic

Jack I Got on your site to do a credit card purchase filled out all the appropriate screens so I thought. It kept saying expiration date not correct, so I typed it in numerous times, the month and year no place for day. So it kept saying expiration info not correct. Then it told me I have paypal if I wanted to utilize it to make purchase, the problem is I forgot the code to authorize PayPal I haven't used it in years. So can I call you and order harness and still get the same offering because the site says different , that purchase price would be different with call ins. Please advise thanks.

From what ive read Chavo, this pump is supposedly internally regulated at 10in/hg. So it should pull pretty close to that. I should have it finished today if everything goes smoothly. Ill post some pics and results.

Street Stuff has a wall full of fittings and not a single one that I need. This will be posponed until next week sometime. I'll start a new thread on it and stop hi-jacking... :)

Jack I Got on your site to do a credit card purchase filled out all the appropriate screens so I thought. It kept saying expiration date not correct, so I typed it in numerous times, the month and year no place for day. So it kept saying expiration info not correct. Then it told me I have paypal if I wanted to utilize it to make purchase, the problem is I forgot the code to authorize PayPal I haven't used it in years. So can I call you and order harness and still get the same offering because the site says different , that purchase price would be different with call ins. Please advise thanks.

You can order this item through a Racetronix dealer such as Thunder Racing or G-Body etc. They can take CC's over the phone.

Thanks!

A link has been added for the 2-wire Delphi air pump harness:
RX-CEPH
The 2-wire version will start shipping next week.

I am still using my PCV for everything outside of boost. The evac comes on with the Hobb switch once I am under boost.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread guys, but I need some help. I borrowed the technology you guys are using to install crankcase evac system on my supercharged 2005 Mustang GT. I used a 3 pin air injection pump and Racetronix's plug and play harness. Went out for a couple of test drives and it keeps blowing the fuse in the Racetronix harness. Any ideas? I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• evac_4.jpg
    evac_4.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 655
Sorry to resurrect an old thread guys, but I need some help. I borrowed the technology you guys are using to install crankcase evac system on my supercharged 2005 Mustang GT. I used a 3 pin air injection pump and Racetronix's plug and play harness. Went out for a couple of test drives and it keeps blowing the fuse in the Racetronix harness. Any ideas? I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,

Tom

Please e-mail support@racetronix.com with your inquiry.

Thank you.

Back