You can type here any text you want

Crankcase ventilation???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Lunkan said:
The catch can is must (at the tracks) if You don´t have closed crankcase ventilation.
That is a good rule. But I don´t think I soaked the track, atleast 99% of the oil seemed to hit the headers = smoke. :D But It was just stupid to countinue that day.

I will fix a simple catch can.

Swede2 said:
There seems to be higher risk to blow headgaskets when you put filters in the pcv ?

Daniel

Maybe I'm tired.. but why do you think that?

Well if they are clean, there dont need to be a higher risk... But if you dont clean your filters, the pressure will be higher in the crankcase and as the times goes it will be a HG failure ? That was how I thought, but I am not technical at all :)

Daniel

How would pressurizing the crankcase verses pressurizing the cylinder blow hg's? All my blown HG's happen when there is preignition or too much pressure in the cylinder.

I haven't heard of anyone blowing a hg cause they have to much crank case pressure. You would prolly blow the dipstick tube your pvc and breathers out before that happens....

I would think you'd need a hell of a lot of pressure to lift the intake off it's base thus distorting the head to lift the hg enough to blow.

Thanks for letting me now Trading. Then I can say that my theory is totally wrong :) Some people are smart enough to not speak about things they dont know...

Daniel

There are no stupid questions only stupid people who do not wanna look bad by asking a question. Some people put knowledge and education below how they're perceived by others.

I'll post pics of the completed setup this weekend. Should have the fmic and the rest of the lines hooked up, so you'll be able to see how it looks without the pvc & egr and an extra set of breathers...

Back