You can type here any text you want

Crappy idle on MSD 50s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hammer231

Boost Junkie
Just installed a new set of flowed MSD 50s from Precision and the car idles pretty rough spitting raw fuel out the pipes on start up. I'm using a JL chip supplied with the injectors for my setup. Blms are maxing out at around 150 at idle with fp set at 43. Almost makes me want to go back to my old trusty blue tops but I need the extra flow of the 50s for my combo. Any advice on tuning this problem out without having to burn another chip? BTW, I'm using a regular MAF Translator with 3" sensor.

I have the MSD 50's, T+, and Lt-1 MAF with no problem at idle....But, I have the extender chip also :)

Well, to update things a bit, I reset my IAC and TPS according to Joe Lubrant's procedure and the car idles much better but still has an ugly off idle stumble/hesitation that is annoying as hell. Blms are still around 150 at idle but drop into the 130s at cruise. Anything I can look at on my MAF Translator settings?

High idle BLM's are cuasing your problem, fix that.. all will be ok. Make sure you didnt make a vacuum leak when you installed the injectors.

Do a search for high blm's or high bl there is a ton of info.. good luck.

Watch your oil for breakdown.. 150 means its dropping fuel in big time.. if the oil smells like gasoline.. better change it. With a 150 blm issue, you may need to do oil changes every 100 miles until the issue is resolved

Back