Crappy Turbo = My Smoke Problem

sheckyZ28

I have had my car in storage and torn apart for three years now. A few months ago I finally got it back together and since then the car has been smoking terribly. I would drive it only a mile or two since it was so bad. After trying to fix the problem I finally found out what it was. It was the TE-61 turbo that had crapped out. The stock one works great on the car, no smoke.

The issue I'm having is that before the car went into storage I got the turbo rebuilt by Limit Engineering. The car did not smoke and only about 200 miles, if that, were driven on the car. Why now would the turbo fail?

I have had my car in storage and torn apart for three years now. A few months ago I finally got it back together and since then the car has been smoking terribly. I would drive it only a mile or two since it was so bad. After trying to fix the problem I finally found out what it was. It was the TE-61 turbo that had crapped out. The stock one works great on the car, no smoke.

The issue I'm having is that before the car went into storage I got the turbo rebuilt by Limit Engineering. The car did not smoke and only about 200 miles, if that, were driven on the car. Why now would the turbo fail?

The turbo seals were probably dry. Maybe should have primed the engine????