You can type here any text you want

Crazy muscle car find stories!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
Share your stories on cool muscle cars that you or someone you know of found.

When I was about 15, mid '80s, living in Georgia, my dad's friend was on his way back from a road trip where he used the old country roads to save time. He pulled off to the side of the road to relieve himself, that means take a leak, when he noticed an old barn with two cars in it.

As he approached the barn much to his suprise he found a '65 Shelby GT 350 and a '67 Camaro convertible. He found the house that owned the barn to inquire about the two cars he just found.

A little old lady ansewered, he asked if the two cars were for sale. To make a long story short he snagged both cars for $500 bucks. The Shelby went to get a professional restoration while he did the Camaro himself.

True story.

This story happened to me..
Back in 76 (low point in musclecar period) my Dad had my Moms 72 Chevelle in the exhaust shop to get a new system on and was talking to the mechanic about Chevelles.. The mechanic then told Dad of his brothers Chevelle. A 65 SS Chevelle with a big block sitting in a garage in NE Philly while he was away in colinary(sp) school in the midwest somewhere. Dad knew what this was (if it was a real one).. a one of 201 made Z16. He made arrangements to see the car that weekend and when he opened the garage to our amazement it was a *REAL* Z16! with 12k miles on it!!! It did have ladder bars, wrong intake/carb and headers and a Cragar SS'/s amd G 60's in the back but its was ALL THERE! We asked if it was for sale. He called his brother and said yes. We got the car for $2800 (yes I said 28 hundred) and got it home quick before he changed his mind.. We ended up selling it about 12 years later for a good bit more:)
we later found out it was the actual test car for the sept 65 Pop Hot rodding magazine..
It was an amazing car..

When i was 17 and mowing a guys lawn there was a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 Golden Commando sitting in the driveway. I asked if it was for sale and he said yes for $35.00 and he had just had the motor rebuilt(Original owner). He said it didnt steer verry well and bought a new car instead of fixing it. I found the steering box had loose bolts and tightend them up;) Needless to say when i left his house i left posi marks all the way down his street. It was a nice clean fast car for a 17 year old kid.

Back