You can type here any text you want

Crossmember Project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I am currently in the process of building crossmembers for the engine bay. I found a monte carlo and a cutlass supreme that had joust bars or brackets but they wanted 20 dollars for some flimsy rods. I found some crossmembers from a 1967 cadillac coupe deville in a junkyard and Im am going to fabricate them to see how they fit when I am done. Will fill you guys in soon and hope to include pics as well cheers@!:smile:

Da Big Guy.....

If you mean under hood there really isnt a reason. You have the T package so that comes with the sway bars and bracing. You should have the front crossmember to frame horn braces that go under the sway bar. Also should have the core support X braces and the core support to fender braces. About the only thing you dont have is the GP bar that ties the 2 ends of the jounce bars together. You could use the bars that go from the firewall to fender that SOME 78-80 Montes had but the turbo is in the way anyways so it wont work.

Save your cash and buy a new master cylinder if its as bad as you say.

If you mean under hood there really isnt a reason. You have the T package so that comes with the sway bars and bracing. You should have the front crossmember to frame horn braces that go under the sway bar. Also should have the core support X braces and the core support to fender braces. About the only thing you dont have is the GP bar that ties the 2 ends of the jounce bars together. You could use the bars that go from the firewall to fender that SOME 78-80 Montes had but the turbo is in the way anyways so it wont work.

Save your cash and buy a new master cylinder if its as bad as you say.

i dont have the core support to fender braces and ill look to see if i have the core support x brace as well, if i dont, i either dont have a t-type, or need to buy new ones. Will somone hook me up with some?

Back