You can type here any text you want

crossover pipe cracked

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randy

My cross over pipe is cracked, Im going to buy a new one. Which one should i get? stainless steel or postons two piece that is themal coated, need some opinions
Thanks

I used the Poston's two piece and it installed ok except that they gave me the wrong bolts to use, might want to mention that if you order theirs. I used orange high temp gasket sealer at the connection.

I'm using an ATR stainless steel crossover pipe made for stock manifolds and it fits and works ok...I guess a pipe is a pipe...:rolleyes:
'Bye, Claude.:)

I'd seek out a one-piece pipe if it was me looking. Lots of threads about the slip-fit/clamp-fit on the 2 piece requiring welding to repair. Unless you're running enormouse power, the sensus is that a 2 1/2" crossover will cost you bottom end throttle response, but flow better of course at the top end. When mine goes South, I'll be looking for a 2 1/4" SS one piecer.
HTH
Jim

Here's what I tried.

I got the Poston's two-piece, because I didn't want to take the chance of putting a twisting stress on the headers, which my single piece seemed to do.

I loosely assembled the crossover (cause I wanted to cinch down the connections to the headers first), after putting muffler sealer (ceramic like stuff) on the inside of where the pipes join. I then clamped the pieces with a stainless strap clamp, that I gobbed a bunch of sealer on. I then clamped it down, until I could see the indentation of the two pipes through the stainless clamp. I got the 2 1/2" clamp from Summit.

That was over 3 years ago, the pipe looks new and...no leaks yet! :)

Back