You can type here any text you want

Crossville Bounty Race

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well we had our Sept Bounty race this past weekend and had a blast!
Tim lynch and Ken Rainwater were there to face off. Ken rainwater had some car troubles and Tim lynch ran 4.47 @ 177 in the 1/8th.

We also had some car issues. On our first qualifying pass the front sprag went out and we didn't have first gear. We had reverse, second and third so we tore the trans out and rebuilt it right there at the track. Half on the back of a four wheeler and the rest in the car trailor. We drove 110 miles to get a stock sprag and had it completed by 2:00am that same night.

The next day we came back with only ONE qualifying pass to make and made TOP qualifyer in the Pro-Street Bounty with a 4.93 @ 147 with a 1.14 60' Then we went on to a 4.87 @ 150 something..

In the round right before the finals we had an electrical fire under the dash and had to stop the run mid track.

Sucks! But that is racing and we are kind of glade we finally found our little electrical gremlin we have been hunting for all summer..

The car weighs 3450lbs, all orriginal steel, all orriginal glass with crank up windows still. The ONLY thing fiberglass is the hood!

Here is a pic from this past week end AFTER the trans rebuild!!
STOCK SPRAG SEEMS TO BE WORKING....

More Bounty pic's!!

BTW: This bounty has some pretty good payout's for those who are intrested!!

Tim Lynch bounty pays $5,000
Pro-street Bounty pays $1,500
4.90 class payed $2,000
real street payed $500

HERE ARE SOME MORE PIC'S!!!!

We even made the cover page for the track photographer.. :smile:

Do I see you standing in the background in a couple of the pics?

Awesome Car!!

Yep! Good eye.. :) Thats me in the black duttwiler shirt with my arms crossed standing behind the burgandy mustang..

There is some fast cars at this event!!!

BUT, other than Tim Lynch We had the fastest times in the Blue 69' Camaro!! :biggrin:

To the Buick guy's who's cars meet the rules this is a great weekend event held at the end of each month though the summer untill the end of october.

They have ALL KINDS of classes for some of you buick guys so come have some fun !!!!!

Scot W.

Hey Scott,

How far are you from Crossville on the norm? My wife and her family are from Crossville. Her grandparents are still there and we go back to visit every once in a while. If you aren't too far away then next time I visit maybe we can get together for a bit and grab some lunch or something.

Hey Scott,

How far are you from Crossville on the norm? My wife and her family are from Crossville. Her grandparents are still there and we go back to visit every once in a while. If you aren't too far away then next time I visit maybe we can get together for a bit and grab some lunch or something.
I'm about a 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours from there. I'm very close to Knoxville.

Scot W.

The wife said she knows where your town is at. Little too far for a weekend meet but next time we go for a week I might be able to squeeze out some time for an afternoon away from the relatives. :biggrin:

Back