You can type here any text you want

Crower Titanium rods (brand New).

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Were made for on center stage II motor.
c-c 6.325
b.e.d-2.374
.927 pin
516 total wt.
Cost new $2800+
Asking b.o.

Thanks.

I really do not want to sell these but bills need to get paid!
Hopefully i will get a job soon and not have to sell, in the mean time if you want a good set of new rods at a price you cannot beat........get in touch.

Thanks.

Well mike, what makes these better for a high dollar s2 buildup, than say, your standard forged rods? Plenty up to date(look at my parts collection)just curious as to what these might offer.:cool:

you should take the $1000

I would take the $1000 and run if I were you...

Wasn't to long ago I bought a set of brand new Crower Titanium for $600...

Maybe some of those dumb Buick guys are up to date in technology but smart enough not to pay more than the market rate. (Yes they were Crower Titanium not standard forged rods)

Why aren't you going to use them?????

Originally posted by Big Stu
Well mike, what makes these better for a high dollar s2 buildup, than say, your standard forged rods? Plenty up to date(look at my parts collection)just curious as to what these might offer.:cool:

Lighter and stronger for one.
According to Bob at RPE these are the hott ticket!
I have a set of Crower steel rods as well and the weight difference is very noticable.
I have heard a rumour about them being harder on bearings (not sure if its true or not,....dought it)but who the heck would run a race motor and not freshen it season to season anyways.
The way i see it is every little bit that helps (especially weight) adds up to a big deal.
These are also a desirable length as well, get a little more piston thickness with the 6.325.vrs 6.5.because of the pin height.

Maybe ask around to some engine builders that have used them for more opinions.

:cool:

Re: you should take the $1000

Originally posted by re-evaluating

Maybe some of those dumb Buick guys are up to date in technology but smart enough not to pay more than the market rate. (Yes they were Crower Titanium not standard forged rods)

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Dave. I'll bet you got those lightweight rods in your TSM motor along with that lightwieght crank and $3000.00 lightwieght Neil Chance Convertor. Talk about somebody not up to date....... You better get readin...:D

Re: you should take the $1000

Nah i would rather watch the garbage man take them away or play horse shoes with them.lol.
If the going rate for tit rods is 600 new, then steel ones must run about $250,lol.
I am very happy that buick parts hold their value so well:rolleyes:
Not using them because i need the cash and have another set to fall back on.

Since according to another buick member, titanium rods are market value of $600.00 brand new i have decided to keep them.

However, i would like a set of brand new off center stock length titanium rods for $600, please respond and i will buy them.

Thanks.

last time i lookedsteel billet rods were about $1100? PLease tell me where you buy your parts?

Yeah norbs, steel, not titanium... I know they are expensive. That price is what they cost new, even if you could get a jobber or delaer price, they still aren't cheap.

Originally posted by norbs
last time i lookedsteel billet rods were about $1100? PLease tell me where you buy your parts?

I assume you are talking to re-evauluating since he gets brand new titanium rods for $600.
According to him that is the ''market rate''.

Judging by that, brand new steel rods must have an even lower ''market rate''.

maybe you should try reading it again.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
I assume you are talking to re-evauluating since he gets brand new titanium rods for $600.
According to him that is the ''market rate''.

Judging by that, brand new steel rods must have an even lower ''market rate''.

No I said if I were you I would take the $1000 and maybe that was all the market would bare.. YOU said that is the best offer you got ("market rate").. If you don't want to sell for that don't.. You were the one that said that Buick guys weren't up with technology. There are a lot of opinions as to if Titanium is suitable material to be used in a turbo application depending on who you talk to. $2800 is a lot to spend with that question in mind.

How many turbo Buick people do you know that are running Titanium rods? I would be interested to know. I am not saying they can't be just would like some feed back from someone actually using them.

I never said the market rate was $600 for them only that I had bought them for that.. You seem to have a problem with that for what ever reason. I have owned a lot of stage parts over the years (palets full) I have paid as little as $150 for a set of Corrillo's and as much as $900.. I mearly suggested that maybe you had found the "market rate" for your rods and not many see the need to spend more than $1000 for rods of any kind..

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I just thought you got a good offer for them. Grow up.

Re: maybe you should try reading it again.

No I said if I were you I would take the $1000 and maybe that was all the market would bare.. YOU said that is the best offer you got ("market rate").. If you don't want to sell for that don't.. You were the one that said that Buick guys weren't up with technology. There are a lot of opinions as to if Titanium is suitable material to be used in a turbo application depending on who you talk to. $2800 is a lot to spend with that question in mind.

How many turbo Buick people do you know that are running Titanium rods? I would be interested to know. I am not saying they can't be just would like some feed back from someone actually using them.

I never said the market rate was $600 for them only that I had bought them for that.. You seem to have a problem with that for what ever reason. I have owned a lot of stage parts over the years (palets full) I have paid as little as $150 for a set of Corrillo's and as much as $900.. I mearly suggested that maybe you had found the "market rate" for your rods and not many see the need to spend more than $1000 for rods of any kind..

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but I just thought you got a good offer for them. Grow up.

You are obviously the one taking it to heart, it is quite obvious that people are not using them because of expense.
Good for you on buying skids full of stage 2 parts, to be honest i do not care.
So you decided in your own mind that because someone offered me $1000 for new $2800 rods that that is the market rate and i should jump all over it...........no thanks.

Influencing others that $1000 was top doller for new titanium rods was not cool considering i am trying to sell mine.
Also the comment about ''dumb buick guys'' was yours not mine.......in my previous reference ''not up to date'' i was simply kidding around with the guys....... hence the lol!
I think you need to grow up, since when is a $1000 for $2800 part a good deal?
Anyway you take care now!

Re: Re: maybe you should try reading it again.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
(snip) it is quite obvious that people are not using them because of expense.

That may be the case with the rods you are selling. But generally, isn't true.

Back