You can type here any text you want

Cruise control blowing fuses

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hi everyone,

My cruise control was working, Now blowing the 5 amp fuse.

Here is what I did so far
  1. car running , but not moving. move the slide switch to on , acell , and back to off. Does not pop the fuse . But when I drive and try to activate , it pops the fuse
  2. Disconnected the servo , buzzed it out ~42 ohms for the two solenoid's and ~23 ohms for the sense . No shorts to grd or two each other pins on the soliniod . left it disconnected drove it , popped the fuse.
  3. Buzzed out the wires back to the control module , Module unplug , no shorts to grd. Module unplugged , does not blow the fuse on test drive.
  4. Stalk plug going to double check but.
It is acting like a direct short , But i can't find it. I kind of doubt its the module . Its acting like a short to grd in the wiring from the module to the servo.

Baffled at this time

Hi everyone,

My cruise control was working, Now blowing the 5 amp fuse.

Here is what I did so far
  1. car running , but not moving. move the slide switch to on , acell , and back to off. Does not pop the fuse . But when I drive and try to activate , it pops the fuse
  2. Disconnected the servo , buzzed it out ~42 ohms for the two solenoid's and ~23 ohms for the sense . No shorts to grd or two each other pins on the soliniod . left it disconnected drove it , popped the fuse.
  3. Buzzed out the wires back to the control module , Module unplug , no shorts to grd. Module unplugged , does not blow the fuse on test drive.
  4. Stalk plug going to double check but.
It is acting like a direct short , But i can't find it. I kind of doubt its the module . Its acting like a short to grd in the wiring from the module to the servo.

Baffled at this time
Never mind found it , one of the wires on the stalk as a intermitting short to grd. Wiggle the wire shorts wiggle it again opens . AGH !!!!

Back