Cruise control blowing fuses

fc227

1986 Grand National
Hi everyone,

My cruise control was working, Now blowing the 5 amp fuse.

Here is what I did so far
  1. car running , but not moving. move the slide switch to on , acell , and back to off. Does not pop the fuse . But when I drive and try to activate , it pops the fuse
  2. Disconnected the servo , buzzed it out ~42 ohms for the two solenoid's and ~23 ohms for the sense . No shorts to grd or two each other pins on the soliniod . left it disconnected drove it , popped the fuse.
  3. Buzzed out the wires back to the control module , Module unplug , no shorts to grd. Module unplugged , does not blow the fuse on test drive.
  4. Stalk plug going to double check but.
It is acting like a direct short , But i can't find it. I kind of doubt its the module . Its acting like a short to grd in the wiring from the module to the servo.

Baffled at this time

Hi everyone,

My cruise control was working, Now blowing the 5 amp fuse.

Here is what I did so far
  1. car running , but not moving. move the slide switch to on , acell , and back to off. Does not pop the fuse . But when I drive and try to activate , it pops the fuse
  2. Disconnected the servo , buzzed it out ~42 ohms for the two solenoid's and ~23 ohms for the sense . No shorts to grd or two each other pins on the soliniod . left it disconnected drove it , popped the fuse.
  3. Buzzed out the wires back to the control module , Module unplug , no shorts to grd. Module unplugged , does not blow the fuse on test drive.
  4. Stalk plug going to double check but.
It is acting like a direct short , But i can't find it. I kind of doubt its the module . Its acting like a short to grd in the wiring from the module to the servo.

Baffled at this time
Never mind found it , one of the wires on the stalk as a intermitting short to grd. Wiggle the wire shorts wiggle it again opens . AGH !!!!