"Cruise" main character drives a GN

Hope they didn't destroy it like they do to most cool cars in movies. Does it have a LS or do your here the flutter?

How'd this kid have a GN in 1987 when it was new? Whose car is that in real life? I would watch it for the babes alone. Hope it's not a V8 powered GN.

How'd this kid have a GN in 1987 when it was new? Whose car is that in real life? I would watch it for the babes alone. Hope it's not a V8 powered GN.
About 2 years ago, there was a female forum member here from Long Island (friend of mine) who mentioned in a post that she was approached by the production company asking to use her car for the movie. She opted out.

Don't know who's car they chose after that.

There were a lot of teenagers with GNs in the NY area in 1987. Most looked just like this kid.

I was 23 in 1986 when I got mine. I was fortunate to have a descent job and a supporting grandma (lower interest rate loan) that helped me out.
There were quite a few "kids" driving dad's GN at the time.

She told me that as well
pretty sure the car is a local NY guy
heard a rumor they blew the transmission while filming. Lots of familiar cars and the cop car is my buddy Jays

Has anyone watched this movie yet? It's got me curious about the car related stuff. Eye candy doesn't hurt either.......

Has anyone watched this movie yet? It's got me curious about the car related stuff. Eye candy doesn't hurt either.......
Actually, the eye candy stuff is kinda depressing. Because I remember when I was running around the area with broads like this and these days, every now and then, I run into them.

Boy! How things have changed! They don't look as good as they used too. And neither do I.

But life goes on.........

I watched it on demand last night I liked it the wife thought it was horrible.I wonder who’s car it was it had a whole gauge package cut into the passengers side dash above the glove box.

Just got done watching it during my flight to Houston for work.

Wow did that bring back memories for me. In 86, I had a black and gold IROC-Z TPI and as an Italian, I absolutely lived the stereotype (sad to say, lol). In 88, I upgraded to a new Vette (added BBS wheels, Greenwood body kit and some small bolt-ons...). I wasn't rich, I just spent all my working money on cars like a dope. A group of my college friends nicknamed me "cruise" because I spent most weekends cruising for chicks and cruising the scene. I also did a lot of street racing back then. Not much could beat me light to light except this boxy black Buick. I hated the Grand National back then. Would walk right by me. Just like the movie, I've seen races go bad too with someone having an accident.

Granted, I grew up in the NJ shadows of Philadelphia so while I was not from Queens or NY, we had our share of places to cruise and race. Route 73 in front of Marlton 8 movie theater was typically the drag strip. Lol. Then of course we had front street in Philly which is famous in our area for street racing back in the day. I cruised the Jersey shore quite a bit in those days too.

Heck of a soundtrack too if you like that music.

The sound of the GN was disappointing though.

Fun movie overall. Made the flight easier for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Great movie.
I only saw one vehicle flaw. The white with white top LX convertible, it had pony wheels on it. Those didn't exist in 87. But other than that, it was a very good movie. Even though they used POS v8 sounds for the GN, there were quiet a few cruising scenes that had the un-deniable sound of the LC2 purring along. Lotta moving and a shakin going on in that GN too. Hubba hubba. :cool: Being a "80's die hard, I'll give it a 9 out of 10. In closing, if you took the car addiction from Christine, added in some racing and crusing action from American Graffiti, mixed it with Risky Business craziness and a smidge of Karate Kid love story, but with a lot more action, you've got Cruise. If you were a teenager in the late 80's, you will definitely get this movie. I enjoyed it.

-Patrick-

watched it the other night on amazon prime video
was pretty good movie brings you back to the good ole days when I was in high school and my wife actually liked it because of the love story, but only the rich kid had a GN back then at our school it was tricked out with kenne bell stuff and had centerline wheels on it
soundtrack awesome

Well... Just finished watching it.

Left me with a craving for a large order of nachos.