You can type here any text you want

CSII Stock or Aftermarket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
Ok here it is... I have an 86 GN that came with out a radio. I installed an Alpine CDA 9847 but did not like the look so, I pulled it out and installed a CSII deck that should have come with the car. When I bough the car it was a basket case and had lots of questionable wiring. I fixed everything.

I had first though of installing a nicer set-up using Xtant speakers, and amps.
I purchased a set of Xtant Xis 2.5, 100 watt, 5.25" 4ohm Bi-amp woofer/tweeter speakers for the doors; Xtant 404M 4channel 400w amp; and a 12" Xtant sub (diamond style, can't recall part number)

When I redid the car, I shaved the antenna and have poor radio reception but I have addressed that with a hidden antenna. I rarely drive the car and even more rarely use the radio as I like to listen to the turbo whine:D

I was thinking that I'd just go back to stock but I wonder if it would be worthwhile to upgrade at all. I think I'd be fine with the simple 6 speaker system with no sub but I have a set of PAC SNI 35's if I need to install.

Please bear in mind I am not a pro or even good amatuer installer. I know how to do wire most stuff but I am not a guru. That is why I am asking on this section.

Basic tunes is all I need. Can I purchase a set of CSII speakers that are not blown for a reasonable price or are they now too "rare" and expensive that I should go and buy the new age upgraded stuff. I know I can use my Xtant doors but I do not know what is compatible with them for the dash and rear...

Any input is appreciated.

Do you really want to hear the best of what 1987 had to offer? Keep in mind it's 2009 :eek: Even the lower end stuff should be a big improvement over what was stock.
Why not take the middle road and upgrade the speakers, but leave out the amp and hook it all to the head unit.

I could do that. What kind of prices should I be looking to spend? I haven't fooled with car audio for many years. I like good quality but I'm not really familiar with the big names, cheap names with good quality, etc...

Any thoughts? Will I need to buy via internet or can I find at local audio shops?

BTW, I don't want to cut or hack any thing. I want it to all be plug and play.

I recall seeing a post with big fat dash speakers but cannot recall the brand or the ohms. I still need to make sure I don't push the stock CSII deck too much either...

Ok here it is... I have an 86 GN that came with out a radio. I installed an Alpine CDA 9847 but did not like the look so, I pulled it out and installed a CSII deck that should have come with the car. When I bough the car it was a basket case and had lots of questionable wiring. I fixed everything.

I had first though of installing a nicer set-up using Xtant speakers, and amps.
I purchased a set of Xtant Xis 2.5, 100 watt, 5.25" 4ohm Bi-amp woofer/tweeter speakers for the doors; Xtant 404M 4channel 400w amp; and a 12" Xtant sub (diamond style, can't recall part number)

When I redid the car, I shaved the antenna and have poor radio reception but I have addressed that with a hidden antenna. I rarely drive the car and even more rarely use the radio as I like to listen to the turbo whine:D

I was thinking that I'd just go back to stock but I wonder if it would be worthwhile to upgrade at all. I think I'd be fine with the simple 6 speaker system with no sub but I have a set of PAC SNI 35's if I need to install.

Please bear in mind I am not a pro or even good amatuer installer. I know how to do wire most stuff but I am not a guru. That is why I am asking on this section.

Basic tunes is all I need. Can I purchase a set of CSII speakers that are not blown for a reasonable price or are they now too "rare" and expensive that I should go and buy the new age upgraded stuff. I know I can use my Xtant doors but I do not know what is compatible with them for the dash and rear...

Any input is appreciated.

The XIS's are a good set of speakers. But, you need to mount them pointing toward your ears to get the best out of them(which is extra $$$ for pods). If you want to get rid of them let me know.

If I can't use the Xtant for this build I'll use them for another car.

Anyone have any additional ideas? Again, nothing fancy- just audible...

Back