Current Buick Status

I'm trying to get my car back together after it being back up into and get a tune up done and get my coil overs on before September 16th to attend the event at Cecil county race way I've only had the car about a month now I'm addicted now lol
Awesome, welcome to the cult following....

Chuck

FAST Sportsman with eDash installed with a Cal Hartline base tune.... I like the eDash.

Chuck

TPS acting wacky .... well I sent the Sportsman back to Cal for a recall and when I got it back I didn’t realize that I needed to recalibrate the TPS, life is good again....

Last edited:
GN is on stands, the rear is out for work. I have boxed rear arms, shocks, springs, braces and body bushings all ready to go in.

... and I'm 9,000+ miles away on business. FML

GN is on stands, the rear is out for work. I have boxed rear arms, shocks, springs, braces and body bushings all ready to go in.

... and I'm 9,000+ miles away on business. FML

Sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had put the 86 on a diet at the end of last year and made a ton of changes (had it down to 3205 with driver)
besides dropping in a stock 109 with stock turbo one of the changes was a 2004r stageright brake and ptc LU converter (xfi allows changing LU point through edash) ,
had made the roll bar door bars swing outwith art clevis ends , fuel celll with walbro inline 255lph pump , removed the heater only box and installed an ac delete plate
removed the radio system, installed fglass decklid and kirkeys, new lightweight ACC carpet
.. for now since it wont be seeing a track anytime soon due to etown closing the really light stuff is coming off and making it much more street friendly
mickey pros and weld alumastars are off and its back on OE GN wheels
interior got
kirkey seat is out and nicer GN seats that i had in the X are in
fuel cell external pump is out and oe fuel tank is back in with rtx dbl pump (for the long drive down to atco)
chromoly trans cross member is out and oe is back in
radio is back in and working with power antenna and an oe hvac controller
redid the drooping headliner
oe hvac box is going back soon

also modified a couple SBC engine cradles from summit for use with buick motors to store the 86's old forged 109 motor under my workbench and a spare fresh forged piston shortblock

Attachments

• 0121181011.jpg
    0121181011.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • 0112181309.jpg
    0112181309.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 1229171924a.jpg
    1229171924a.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 0109181501.jpg
    0109181501.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 0111181630a.jpg
    0111181630a.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
^^^ seemed like that E-town situation would be bad news for you :(, I was sorry to hear it.

It blows. I don't have a truck or trailer so always drove my car from home or (usually) Paul's. One of the reasons we were able to try all these combos and different stuff was because the track was so close. The amount of times we went there to race or watch each other race our Buicks is crazy.

I first raced my white t type there 14 years ago in 2004... 13.6@102 first pass lol. Got into the 12s my second time there two weeks later. 11s two years later in 2006, 10s a couple years after that in 2008. And finally 9s in 2014. A lot of memories and good times.

^^^ Yeah, it would be interesting to hear/understand the real story. 50 years of tradition goes out the window (n) gotta be sad for a lot of folks.