Custom Nitrous Injection Nozzles

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Lacking room to use a more traditional nitrous fogger nozzle design, I had to come up with my own.

Attachments

• IMGP2155rs.jpg
    IMGP2155rs.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 501
  • IMGP2150rs.jpg
    IMGP2150rs.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 514
More pics.

Attachments

• IMGP2153rs.jpg
    IMGP2153rs.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 504
  • IMGP2151rs.jpg
    IMGP2151rs.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 504
  • IMGP2152rs.jpg
    IMGP2152rs.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 469
Nice job.looks like you have a few more custom parts on your car other than those nozzels.

Nice job.looks like you have a few more custom parts on your car other than those nozzels.
Oh yes. There certainly is that. Do a search of other threads I've started in the fabrication section.

Don, can't you use it as a dry system and run nitrous only nozzles?
they should fit with just a 1/16 straight pipe tap and use
your ecu for nitrous enrichment

Don, can't you use it as a dry system and run nitrous only nozzles?
they should fit with just a 1/16 straight pipe tap and use
your ecu for nitrous enrichment
That certainly could be done, if one chose to run such a system.
I was looking for a system that would give the best possible atomization of the nitrous/fuel mix. The spray of nitrous does a good job of breaking up the large amount of fuel that needs to be injected. Remember, I'm running methanol with the nitrous at a ratio as rich as 1.9:1.
I knew that the mix of nitrous and methanol was going to be a very cold combination. Vaporizing a cold combination is difficult. If one were to atomize the mixture as much as possible, the chance for vaporization is much greater. Especially with a very cold combination. Hence, my nozzle design that I feel does the best job of using the nitrous spray to break up the fuel into fine droplets which gives the best chance for vaporization of the mixture.

Donnie, love seeing your creations. One thing to keep in mind is the use of teflon tape on a nitrous sytem is frowned upon. It tends to get caught in places it shouldn't. Though I'm sure you don't wind it over the last thread or two.;) Wouldn't the nozzle placement be more effective higher in the manifold so there is more residence time to cool the charge? Are you running N20 the whole pass or just to spool the turbo? Maybe even into the turbo inlet? It'll help cool the compressor, too. We use to spray directly into our blower to do just that. We would go through 150 pounds in 4-5 minutes feeding a 2,240 cid engine. (God, I hated filling those bottles all the time.) Technology has changed over the last 20 years, though. We were definately "old school" in todays world of nitrous injection. I still have some parts that were destroyed by nitrous. Maybe I'll post some pictures.
Your nozzle design looks good to me, though. I also like the retaining and o-ring seal system. Good workmanship.

Donnie, love seeing your creations. One thing to keep in mind is the use of teflon tape on a nitrous sytem is frowned upon. It tends to get caught in places it shouldn't. Though I'm sure you don't wind it over the last thread or two.;) Wouldn't the nozzle placement be more effective higher in the manifold so there is more residence time to cool the charge? Are you running N20 the whole pass or just to spool the turbo? Maybe even into the turbo inlet? It'll help cool the compressor, too. We use to spray directly into our blower to do just that. We would go through 150 pounds in 4-5 minutes feeding a 2,240 cid engine. (God, I hated filling those bottles all the time.) Technology has changed over the last 20 years, though. We were definately "old school" in todays world of nitrous injection. I still have some parts that were destroyed by nitrous. Maybe I'll post some pictures.
Your nozzle design looks good to me, though. I also like the retaining and o-ring seal system. Good workmanship.
You're right. I'm very careful not to wrap the teflon to the bottom threads.

The placement of the nozzles was to ensure equal distribution above all else. I knew I would be injecting a lot of nitrous and alcohol, and wanted to be absolutely sure I would not have distribution problems.

I spray until 178 kPa MAP is reached. With the latest tuning, that MAP level is being obtained in 1.8 seconds. About 1 pound of nitrous is used per pass in that 1.8 seconds.

Needing to spray into the compressor really isn't necessary since I'm burning alcohol.