You can type here any text you want

cutting doors for CSII install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulBZ65

likes g-bodies
I'm planning on installing the CSII lower door panels into my LS. Unfortunatley the doors need to be cut for the speaker install, so before I attempt any *hacking up* I'd like to see if anyone on here has done this mod themselves and pictures of the doors/where they cut, or if their Turbo Buick has it done from the factory, where it is cut exactly. Thanks :D.

Mount the CSII panel on the door with the grill removed and mark the rough area of the opening. This should put you as close as you can get to the factory cut out.
From the factory, they literally just hacked a hole in the door...much like you are getting ready to do.

Thanks, this is pretty much what I was planning to do but am still hoping for a pic before cutting into the metal :eek: .

I was suprised when I got the CSII lower panels that all GM did was cut up regular door panels pretty much and put the pods on them :rolleyes: . Guess I shouldn't of expected anything more eh'. Do the power window motors get in the way or need to be moved? They seem pretty close to where I would cut.

I don't wanna cut rust free doors but oh well, not like you can see it or it hurts the structure or anything.

The window motors are partially in the way. If you use a shallow 5 1/4 speaker, it's not a problem. You'll need the CSII mounting brackets...they bolt to the door and then the speaker bolts to the bracket.
I installed some deep 6.5s in my doors so I had to move the power window motor about 1/2" towards the back of the door to get them to fit

Back