You can type here any text you want

CV joint failure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
my car is making a loud clicking sound like rocks in a blender. A friend of mine (mechanic) told me that i may need a new CV joint and that I should make or buy a bar to catch the CV joint if it falls. Whats you advice?

There are no "CV" joints on a turbo Regal...
As for "catching" the joint.. A driveshaft loop is designed to retain the d/s should the ft joint fail....

my car is making a loud clicking sound like rocks in a blender. A friend of mine (mechanic) told me that i may need a new CV joint and that I should make or buy a bar to catch the CV joint if it falls. Whats you advice?

It must be your lucky day. It just so happens I have a extra C/V joint catcher bar for sale... J/J....:biggrin:

My advise is don't listen to your friend. At least on this.
Replace your u/joints and as Chuck stated get a loop for safety....

no turbo regal has a cv joint. there not front wheel drive. do you mean drive shaft because regals have a drive shaft.

Yes tell your "mechanic" to stay in the shop, work and learn.

Yes new universal joint or joint's are in order, easy to do a little messy. Have some heat around for the plastic holding the caps on.
Your not going to need a driveshaft loop for a street car. If GM thought you did They would have already put one on your Regal.

I think your "friend" needs to spend some time in school. The car is a RWD and doesn't use CV axles or joints. It uses U-joints. Sounds like you need to repace them.

Back