CVA1000 Qs...Please help..Audiowizard????

RUQKENF

I have a few questions about the alpine CVA1000 that mabe you guys can help me with :
1. How do you change the time from 24 hour(military time) to standard 12 hour time?(This is driving me crazy)
2. What is the easiest and cheapest way to add an audio source to the unit? I converted it to video today by tapping into the green wire on the harness. I also added a switch to send 6 volts to the white/green guide wire to allow video. This worked well and I was able to watch video with no audio, then i played around with he navigation plug on the brain and found the audio ports, but I am unsure on how to tap into these.
3. Also, when I flip the switch to go back to the changer or the radio it takes about 15 seconds to change, is this normal?
4. I am also looking for a DVD player with a built in tv tuner to us with this unit...any suggestions??
Thanks in advance,
Tony

Its been a while so I have already forgotten how to change the setting. I will check it out and give you an answer after I get finished with work.

I called our local Alpine dealer and he doesnt have any models in stock that he could let me read the owners manual and the installers dont do enough of them to remember how to set the time so they gave me their web addy www.alpine1.com and register in the tech section and you will get all the tech support that you need for that model Alpine. I hope that will help you.

I have tried the web site tech center wit no luck and also read the ownersmanual about 4 times with th same results, thanks for the tip. What about any advice on the DVD player with the TV tuner built in???
Thanks,
Tony

I had one of these....the clock (12/24) is changed in the setup menu. READ THE MANUAL CAREFULLY. If you don't see it, have a friend read it, sometimes it is easy to over look the same thing over and over.

If you open up the audio wires in the nav cable (I think they were grey) just splice a set of RCAs onto them BUT you'll need to ground the shielding jacket to chassis. If you don't you'll get alot of noise.

source to source, you don't have to turn off the video switch, just switch the source.

As for a DVD/TV unit...no idea. I don't even watch TV in my house, let alone my car.