damn lancer!

1fast6

Time for alky! was heading home last night on I-4 when a mitsu lancer evo pulled up next to me. I'm not running alky so my boost was set at 17#. Well that wasn't enough. He got me 3 out of 3. All from about a 50mph roll. Didn't get me by much but it was enough to where I am putting alky on it within the next 2 weeks.

Your bolt-ons are very similar to mine. I added alky to my car last year thanks to TurboBuRick and I can't begin to tell you what a difference it made. The results are simply outstanding. It's like driving a completely different car. Add alky and the Evo won't be able to sniff your exhaust. Enjoy. I'm running about 23lbs now and it's a blast.

Yup...closest encounter I had with an EVO was back before I had the ported heads, ported intake and roller cam...I was probably in a mid to high 12second tune at the time, I pulled away from him slower than other Evo's and up towards the top end of our little contest, he stayed about 2 lengths behind me.
We chatted at a light afterwards, and he mentioned he'd done some work to it (bigger turbo, and IC, etc.) and that he'd actually just pulled out a more agressive cam kit and replaced it with one that was friendlier.

There are some fast ones in Youtube videos....just haven't personally seen one live and in person yet.

on a happier note.... I ran a RX8 from a 35mph roll and beat him:eek:. Oh yeah, this was with my 2010 GMC sierra 6.2L 420hp 6-speed automatic.:biggrin: My son said he was prolly gonna go home and put his car up for sale. I probly would too.:wink:

rx8

I have an rx8 and they are dissappionting at best for acceleration for a sports car of that price. I do enjoy driving it on curvy roads and long trips. Very cumfy car. Once you've felt the pull of 25 lbs boost in a turbo 6 there is no comparison thats for sure.

Jarred.

Time for alky! was heading home last night on I-4 when a mitsu lancer evo pulled up next to me. I'm not running alky so my boost was set at 17#. Well that wasn't enough. He got me 3 out of 3. All from about a 50mph roll. Didn't get me by much but it was enough to where I am putting alky on it within the next 2 weeks.

Your 1st mistake is roll racing. Leave that gay BS to the ricers. From a dig you'd pull on him so bad even at 17 PSI, you'd have to race to 130 MPH before he could think of catching up.

Tell that guy if he wants a roll, to take his ass to the bakery.;)

I agree with the above post. I ran into an EVO on I-95 a few years ago going 45 to ? and only beat him by a few lengths.

Alky will help, but one of the giggest improvements I ever felt, was when i installed a art carr ( california perf. ) 9inch converter, the difference is
DAY& NIGHT.

I was inspired by a lancer about 2 years ago from a 35 mph roll, and vowed to return the inspiration. :wink:

Somewhere on a message board, some Evo owner is bragging on how he beat an all black American muscle car that has 2 more cylinders and was featured in the Fast And Furious movie.

Tell that guy if he wants a roll, to take his ass to the bakery.;)

LOL. :biggrin:

1fast6 said:
Time for alky! was heading home last night on I-4 when a mitsu lancer evo pulled up next to me. I'm not running alky so my boost was set at 17#. Well that wasn't enough. He got me 3 out of 3. All from about a 50mph roll. Didn't get me by much but it was enough to where I am putting alky on it within the next 2 weeks....

Nice death. Was it a CFT Evo by any chance....?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZPZ3BrdHaA[/youtube]

I'd like to see that evo vs this supra that was a link after that video was over.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37OOW8BImg&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

I concur with Catman....No more roll racing...Even when you get your alky kit installed. That is not our strength. The force is very strong from a hole shot :biggrin: Catch your next victim at the redlight and leave his ass there on the green light :eek:

Yep. some feelings been hurt with this little car. 2L + ported head + big cams + 68mm turbo... you do the math:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 873