You can type here any text you want

dangers in installing alarm?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fasTTA707

i have an 89 turbo trans am and i wanted to install my clifforx rsx 3.5 alarm on the car.... this is the one with remote start, turbo timer, etc etc etc... i was warned by a really good mechanic that installing that alarm, even by a professional, is taking a big risk at f'ing up the electrical system on the car and chancing that the car will never run right again. i just wanted to get other input and opinions on this matter before i decide what to do... maybe just a few strategically placed kill switches would do the trick just fine, but remote start and stuff would be sweet. let me know, thanks in advance, take care.

BAH - guy is paranoid. An 89 TTA isn't that electrically sophisticated
CAN you mess stuff up? sure - if it's installed wrong.
Get friendly with a volt ohm meter and you'll have no problems.

Well, that's the alarm I've got on my GN. No issues so far.

Alright, I've had some problems with the trunk pop but I'm sure that's due to my installer, not the alarm. Have someone competent do it and you should be fine.

-Jade

Don't listen to the mechanic its a fairly easy car to work on, the only thing you got to worry about is the VATS security. If you need the wiring info just let me know

Back