You can type here any text you want

Danny Bee Belt Drive

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTGN

looking to see if anybody has a danny bee belt drive for sale for a stage II oncenter block?

Check with Mike Booher (BlownV6) on here. He purchased what was left from Danny Bee and was selling some of them.

If I remember correctly though he sold out. He was trying to get another run going but needed 10 or more orders.

Hope this helps.

I will contact Danny Bee and see what its going to take to get another batch of them made. Ive had a number of calls since I sold my last one. Anyone that is intrested one or knows anyone that might be intrested in one please-- SPEAK UP NOW!! Thanks Mike

:biggrin:

P8230035-1.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I will contact Danny Bee and see what its going to take to get another batch of them made. Ive had a number of calls since I sold my last one. Anyone that is intrested one or knows anyone that might be intrested in one please-- SPEAK UP NOW!! Thanks Mike

I called today. He is going to look into the cost to build 10. He suggested it would be cheaper to get at least 15 as they do the fords and chevys 400 to 500 at a time but he will look at 10 or 15 units. He said if I didnt hear anything from him in a week or so to call back and remind him. Mike:cool:

For those that want to know what the distributor setup looks like that I do for this belt drive. Here is one that I just finished for a member on this board.
Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-925F.JPG
    MVC-925F.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 582
  • MVC-926F.JPG
    MVC-926F.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 514
  • MVC-927F.JPG
    MVC-927F.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 681
Good lord that looks expensive i will stick with my timing chain for now . Hey Mike how long does a belt last on a drag motor ?

Good lord that looks expensive i will stick with my timing chain for now . Hey Mike how long does a belt last on a drag motor ?

Not sure exactly who's pulley setup he uses but I think Dave Fiscus lost two belts last year. Definitely bent some valves but I don't know if he killed any pistons or not. I sure hope he has the problem licked for this season.

Not sure exactly who's pulley setup he uses but I think Dave Fiscus lost two belts last year. Definitely bent some valves but I don't know if he killed any pistons or not. I sure hope he has the problem licked for this season.

Best thing to do is ask Dave what he thinks of the setup, its not a cheap route.

Laz, I ran the same belt for 4 years (300+ runs ) with no problem. Mike:cool:

Yes , Dave had issues with his belt. He did not break the belt , the inner belt - part with the teeth delaminated itself from the outer belt. Goodyear had similar issues with a few Ford belts and I believe the new belts will be kivlar like the blower belts I use. To my knowledge he is the only person that has had this problem with a Buick. Issue may have been a result of an oil leak he had that constantly kept that area and the belt coated with oil. Mike:cool:

Whats does the danny bee belt and distributer set up cost? i currently have a gear drive set up on my off center stage2.

Whats does the danny bee belt and distributer set up cost? i currently have a gear drive set up on my off center stage2.

I sold the belt drives for $1150. I modify your distributor for $350 or I will supply the distributor and modify it for $500. Im sure the new ones will be more , time will tell.

Also , With the belt drive you will need to convert to a belt driven type of oil pump and a remote water pump. This is not for people that are weak in the knees!! There is a lot of additional fab work required when considering this!!

Mike:cool:

What's the advantage to this - if any - over a gear drive and conventional distributor setup? I see where it would eliminate the dist/cam gear link but besides that? I've run a gear drive successfully for years - I know a lot of people had problems with them rattling themselves apart but mine is working good. I've seen one of these front drive setups in person and it's definitely a sweet setup.:cool:

Mike and Billy,

Can you guys give me the part numbers off the belts on your Danny Bee set ups?

I have an older one and I think he changed the belts as mine seems to be discontinued.

My number is showing 350S8M560.

Any idea where to get belts from?

Thx!!

Back