dash adapter?

TType84

cookin with propane
who sells a good dash adapter for buicks? the one i had on the car poked the radio out, it looked stupid, i want something that kind of sets the radio in farther back.. im going to get the aiwa cd mp3 player, the one that kinda looks like the jvc el kameleon.. not that it fools anyone, but, it would still look alot better if the radio faceplate was flush with the mounting plate, instead of poking out..

ideas?

if you have some time and a router table you could make one like mine.....fits flush with the dash.

Otherwise the Metra kit is the best out there.

@ www.partsexpress.com its pn: 265-711

pn for the wiring harness is: 265-601.

Both of those work with any 83-88 g-body and many more.

Metra & Scosche both have kits that will fully flush the deck into the opening, just need to get the right one.

I agree with using the Metra also. I dont have the part # but they offer a universal GM mounting kit that has 3 plates to choose from that are in the same kit. It has the Flush, recessed, and un-recessed plate that you can use to position your head unit in. We sold that kit for apx $20.00 retail.

thanks guys, this is what i needed.

the other kit i bought was porbably metra too, ut was just the 1/2" out plate, was like $15 anyway so i'll pay a litle more to get what i want.

thanks!

Any of these companys make a metal adapter? Seems like it would make the theif work a little harder to steal the stereo than the plastic ones! I had the metal one, forget who made it, but it got stolen w/ the Alpine I had. (Didn't make it that much harder to steal did it!?:rolleyes: )

not really...they can steal your radio without ever messing with your mounting kit....just slide the head out of the mounting place and the snip the wires.